Gift for a pregnant friend - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-05-2004, 05:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
she is about 18 weeks now. I was going to get her one of those pregnancy kits but she's not having any nausea or anything like that and a lot of them seem to be geared for that.
This is her second pregnancy and she is having a planned c. Any ideas? Oh, and if I can make it or its cheap that's a bonus.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 02-05-2004, 10:57 AM

I'd say pampering mama stuff like bubble bath or lotions, oils, shower gels, etc... it's inexpensive and what mom doesn't need some pampering?

Sahm mom to three lovely girls, and happily married to a great, sweet guy
#3 of 6 Old 02-05-2004, 11:41 AM

I second the personal care items--foot scrub/lotion (I'd prefer a homemade version of this, especially while pregnant) would be great, and if she's getting a c-section, she might go a while without a good long soak!

Lavender, lavender, lavender!!!
#4 of 6 Old 02-05-2004, 01:57 PM
Banned

My favorite gift was a mother's journal-unlined, blank with little quotes on each page about babies and parenting. I pasted pictures in it, wrote lists of names, wrote my thoughts, it was very versital (pg brain=spelling problems!). In the same gift, I received some rose scented oil. I put it on my belly every time I came out of the shower. People would tell me I smelled faintly of roses long after I thought the smell had gone. I LOVE that the smell of roses reminds me of being pg with my ds. It was a beautiful gift that made me feel beautiful and invited me to really think about myself and my unborn child.

You can make a journal yourself using cereal boxes-I got the instructions from a mag-pm me if you want them. You could even make the oil by getting an unscented massage oil and adding some essential oil to it. My bottle had a pump top, which was really nice.
#5 of 6 Old 02-05-2004, 02:14 PM

i was just thinking about this! got a call last night from my very good friends back home - they are 7 wks pregnant! i am soooo happy for them! i don't have much $$ but here's what i think i'll send this weekend:

- a couple pregnancy books i still have lying around.
- "Breeder" ed. by Ariel Gore & Bee Lavender (if you haven't read it yet, why not? so good! it was a pregnancy gift to me, so i'll just pass it on.)
- a package of dried papayas (very good for all kinds of tummy troubles - i didn't get morning sickness either, but i did get serious constipation and other minor stomachaches)
- a few nutritious, portable snacks - dried fruit, nuts, energy bars, etc
- vitamin e oil for the belly
- a heating pad, if i find time to make one - very simple, this is about as far as my sewing skills go - you just fill a thick sock with rice or lentils and lavender, and sew up the end - i made one for myself and it was great for my lower back and killer pelvic pain.
- journal is a great idea! i think i'll throw that in too.
#6 of 6 Old 02-11-2004, 12:30 PM

Why not give her the supplies to make a belly cast? Plaster gauze, olive oil, and some paints, for example. All very affordable.

And then she'll have a life long memory of what she looked like, plus a great piece of artwork!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page