another pp sex thread (physical therapy?) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 09-15-2009, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I had my ds just over 10 months ago. I was supposed to give birth at a freestanding birth center, but had to transfer for vacuum extraction. The backup OB did an episiotomy and I had a third degree tear.

At 6 week checkup I'm told everything has healed fine. Couple weeks later we attempt to dtd, but it hurts. I mention this when I go in for iud insertion, mw says she doesn't see anything, try other positions, more lube. We try a few more things, finally find one position that doesn't hurt while we're doing it, but it hurts afterwards. I also notice that on long drives I have a little bit of pain then as well.

I figure things just need some time, I try muscling through a few times, but the whole thing kind of sucks. Eventually I notice that it's 9 months out and things aren't really getting better. Are in some ways getting worse as I've developed some hangups and whatnot. So I call the birth center and make an appointment. Go in, see different MW, says should be things to be done, sends me to the backup OBs, nominally the one that did my delivery. He doesn't have any appointments, and talking with the nurse on the phone he'd "be working from the notes anyway" so I go see a different OB.

OB takes a look. He says I have a polyp, but it's mostly the breastfeeding blah blah blah... Anyway, he prescribes estrogen cream. It definitely does stuff, prods my libido a bit, I get some cramping and spotting. It also makes the pain worse, so that it starts to hurt just driving to work. We never get around to trying to dtd. I was supposed to do this 4 weeks and after the first I call the OB to see if this is supposed to be happening. He says it's "weird" and says I can stop using it. He's mailing me a script for physical therapy. They don't have anyone to recommend, so I call the birth center and they do. I haven't called anyone yet because the script hasn't come yet.

So any general insight on my novel would be appreciated but I do have some specific questions:

1. It doesn't seem (to me, I don't know exactly how this works) that anything is being done that the CNMs at the birth center couldn't do, and I kind of feel like I've been ditched for having had to transfer. Is this crazy or is there something I'm missing?
2. Has anyone done physical therapy for this? It's not just kegels is it?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page