Sign at Aspen Women's Center - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 10-21-2009, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebarnes View Post
Hey all! I live in the area, and yes, the sign is real. One of my best friends had her first baby there with all the fun interventions. One of the Drs. there is one of the most unnatural friendly doctors around, and that was the one she got at her birth. He and she even made a little joke about doulas when he came in her room. The funny thing is that now she's training to be a doula and had her second child at home. But, yes, the sign is very, very real.
Hey, thanks for verifying it. There goes my hope that it was all a hoax to raise attention to common obstetric practices, but it's good to know.

Jen, journalist, policy wonk, and formerly a proud single mama to my sweet little man Cyrus, born at home Dec. 2007 . Now married to my Incredibly Nice Guy and new mama to baby Arthur.
#32 of 36 Old 10-21-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MamaJen* View Post
Hey, thanks for verifying it. There goes my hope that it was all a hoax to raise attention to common obstetric practices, but it's good to know.
I really wish it was a hoax, too

, , , and
#33 of 36 Old 10-21-2009, 03:20 PM

Yes, it's good that they're up front about it, but being honest doesn't excuse you for being a misogynist.
CI Mama likes this.
#34 of 36 Old 10-21-2009, 03:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *MamaJen* View Post
"Because the Physicians at Aspen Womens Center care about the quality of their patients deliveries and are very concerned about the welfare and health of your unborn child ...
Right. Because those of us who hire carefully screened doulas and present a well-researched birth plan don't give a rat's arse about the quality of our deliveries or our the health and welfare of our children.

Gak! How insulting to women.

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
#35 of 36 Old 10-21-2009, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvillemidwife View Post
Yes, it's good that they're up front about it, but being honest doesn't excuse you for being a misogynist.
That explains my feelings about it exactly.

Heather Mike Married 8/1/99 Mom to Charlotte Aug 04, Nov 06, and Katherine Oct 07
#36 of 36 Old 05-29-2012, 08:14 AM

Yes, exactly!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page