I'm beginning to worry about this, and I know only the birth itself will tell me.
My labor and birth with DD1 went something like this:
We arrived at 8am for my induction. They were full, so we waited until 8pm, which is when I got the pitocin. They did a foley cathater to help me dialate (I went in at 1cm). That got me to like.. 3 or 4. Pitocin did the rest. It was very painful, but I was able to breathe through the contractions and relax myself. I had horrible back labor (just found out from DH that she was posterior). DH was sleeping.. we were 17 years old at the time, he was working and going to school. I let him sleep because I was doing alright. I was nearing transition, and the nurse tricked me into getting an epidural, convincint me, very vulnerable at the time, that the pain would be too much. I really wish I hadn't gotten that epi! It hurt worse than my labor. Anyhow, I started having reactions to the epi, it didn't help the back labor, and I told them that because they asked (i didn't mind much), and without asking me pumped lidocaine into there- so I was totally numb. They also gave me narcotics (not for pain) because I was having weird reactions to it. So.. I couldn't feel anything. I was complete, 10cm. They told me to try pushing and I couldn't, and said I wouldn't until I could, so they left me there. My step mother was there at the time, and I told her I felt pressure. Didn't hurt, but it was the urge to push. It felt like DD was coming out of my butt
. So they came in and her head was sticking out. I pushed like 3 times and she was out, sunny side up.
So, thank you if you managed to get thru that.
I'm starting to worry alot about this upcoming birth. I didn't add in there the other details of my birth, but there were many things about it that have led me to UC. Anyhow, this isn't totally UC related so I'm posting it here. I'm very fearful that it will be too much for me.
DH has told me that I will be fine- less stress because I'm in my own home and more in tune with my body- no interventions, No pitocin (which makes contractions hell, I've heard.. though mine were manageable), and I was able to deal with back labor before so I should be able to now. He is being pretty supportive of my choices, and I know he is there for me.
Could someone please console me, or give me a reality check? My due date is around Christmas.. and time is ticking. I'm just very freaked out.