I'm pretty much looking for kind words here, and am hoping I can find some.
We had planned to UC this baby. Baby then turned breech a week ago. I've done so many breech tilts and inversions, positioning.. swimming.. visualizations, temp, music, and voice coaching.. I've opted for a manual version today. Not usually my first choice.
During all of my attempts to turn the baby, she goes somewhat transverse and pops back up breech after much fuss and flailing of her feet in my cervix. I'm guessing (and this is actually a pretty strong gut feeling) that baby is tangled up in her cord (same reason she probably wouldn't turn anterior when she was posterior). If the version ends up giving baby fetal distress- I'll have an emergency c/s. Somehow I'm content with that and feel that if that happens it will be a cord issue. My gut is telling me that baby probably will not be able to be born vaginally if she remains breech, not because of the breech factor, but because of the gut feeling I have about the cord.
If the version is successful, I've decided to opt for induction. My husband will not UC a breech baby, and though I'd usually put up a fight- I need to respect that. I cannot have this baby go breech again (and in my mind should that happen, the cord issue will be gone), and have a scheduled c/s. Our midwifery practice does c/s for breech. I also had a very real dream the day before baby was confirmed breech that I UCed her and she was born grey, cord not pulsating.. not a very happy dream. I'm not content birthing this baby breech at home and neither is my husband- both of us for different reasons, but still.
So, like I said- I'll opt for induction if baby is able to be moved vertex. Not right away- I'll be using accupressure/puncture and chiropractic techniques to attempt to induce anyhow. If those are successful, I'll birth at home. Not sure about the time window I'm giving myself- I'll be belly binding as well to try and hold baby in place and get her to drop down into my pelvis... but again, not sure how long I'd be giving myself for the accupressure and above mentioned to work. If I can't self induce my labor in my self-given time frame, I'll take an induction which my midwife discussed with me (we were on the phone for an hour about that- she in no way pressured me and I brought it up). And then again- I might NOT feel comfy with UCing if I still have the gut feeling of that cord being there.
Anyways.. I just wanted to share that, and hopefully get a bit of support. Believe me- if things were the way they were two weeks ago, if I'd never had that dream, if baby wouldn't keep bobbing back up flailing her legs after seriously making an attempt to turn herself vertex... I'd still be on with UCing. Possibly even a breech- I'd be more likely to put down my foot with my husband. It's just truly not something I feel comfortable doing in the given circumstance- but is something I would feel comfortable doing given another circumstance. I've just never had a gut feeling this STRONG- about anything.
Thanks if you read that.
Me (25) DW (26) DD1 (8) DD2 (6) DD 3 (3)
Two cats, two dogs, complete chaos.