CSection Support Thread 7 (Feb/March 2004) - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 65 Old 03-07-2004, 07:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
According to Cynthia there is no definite answer made. They are still talking about the benefits and the "dangers". I think they are smart for thiking carefully about the new forum. I would love to have it but I'm also wondering about the negative side of it.

KKmama--I've also stopped reading the threads in this forum. Welll, I read my own

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 65 Old 03-07-2004, 07:52 PM

As I said initially, it is being reconsidered.

These conflicts will come about periodically whether there's a cesarean sub-forum or not.
#63 of 65 Old 03-07-2004, 10:25 PM - Thread Starter

Well if we dont get the forum its probably going to be because of me and my big mouth and to all of you, I give my deepest apology. I think we need the forum. I don't think AP or natural mommas should be excluded because we had surgical births.

Going back to lurkdom...
#64 of 65 Old 03-09-2004, 01:29 AM

Wow!!! I've been busy for a while, and I missed watever it was that caused the controversy that you're all talking about. Can somebody give me the short version?

Just from reading what you've all been saying though, I have to say that I'm confused and a little bit angry. I know that Mothering has an "anti-c/section" bias, and I've always tried to interpret it as as "pro-natural" birth thing. But, without knowing exactly what's going on, it sounds a little like those of us who have had c/sections and aren't embarrassed or ashamed or humiliated are being treated like people who shouldn't express their opinions for fear of influencing others. I would never counsel anyone who could give birth naturally to have a section, that's just not the way nature intended for it to go. But, likewise, I don't appreciate being made to feel like less of a woman or mother because of the way that I gave birth.

My children are happy and healthy and I not only breastfed, but am still breastfeeding an almost 3 year old. If I had listened only to the things that I have read in Mothering, I don't think that I would even have tried. And that makes me very sad. I wish I could turn to them for the support that they always seem to give everyone else.

Just my opinion.
#65 of 65 Old 03-09-2004, 10:06 AM

Hi Cajunmomma-I'm too tired to summarize recent events, sorry. :LOL I'd rather make a fresh start. Here's the link to the new Cesarean support circle thread:

http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...hreadid=122475

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page