Mothering Forum banner

CSection Support Thread 7 (Feb/March 2004)

3K views 64 replies 16 participants last post by  ladylee 
#1 ·
Hi! Here is the new thread. What shall we talk about.

I want to know what kind of problems each of you experienced in the hospital reguarding policy, having babies rooming in, etc. What would you do to change what happened? Did you discuss it with your doctor?

Kim

#2 ·
I've had four C-sections, and I've never had a problem with rooming in. I did have rather long and detailed conservations with my doctors (both my OB and my pediatrician) before about what I wanted to have happen, and for the most part, I got what I wanted. My OB wouldn't agree to letting me nurse on the operating table. But he did get the nursing staff to bring me the baby in the recovery room.

My ped. was wonderful. I had no problems with immunizations, supplemental bottles, etc. The thing that I think is important is to make sure that What you want is in your hospital orders. The nursing staff will give you all kinds of heck about things that you want, but once the DOCTOR has spoken, they tend to be a lot quieter.

#3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Cajunmomma
I've had four C-sections, and I've never had a problem with rooming in. I did have rather long and detailed conservations with my doctors (both my OB and my pediatrician) before about what I wanted to have happen, and for the most part, I got what I wanted. My OB wouldn't agree to letting me nurse on the operating table. But he did get the nursing staff to bring me the baby in the recovery room.

My ped. was wonderful. I had no problems with immunizations, supplemental bottles, etc. The thing that I think is important is to make sure that What you want is in your hospital orders. The nursing staff will give you all kinds of heck about things that you want, but once the DOCTOR has spoken, they tend to be a lot quieter.
This is very sound advice. I think communication is key.

Can you share your experience as to why you had surgical births and if there were any additional concerns when you had no.4 ?

#4 ·
No, I don't mind. My first pregnancy was very uneventful, but at birth we had some problems. There was a fairly severe cephelo-pelvic discrepancy. My oldest was wedged so firmly in my pelvis that my doctor had trouble dislodging her. There is an audible "pop" on our videotape of the birth when he pulls her out of my pelvis. For about a week, her head sported a little ring from where she had been stuck.

During my second pregnancy, we planned for a VBAC. But my #2 was big (10 pounds, 2 ounces), and I didn't realize that we probably should have tried a VBAC anyway, even though the ACOG guidelines at the time recommended that if the baby was suspected of being over 8 pounds that another section was recommended. My water broke early, and we went ahead with the section.

#3 was a scheduled section. There weren't any problems.

#4 was also a scheduled section. I'm not usre what you mean by added concerns. If you're asking if my doctor gave me any grief over having another baby, the answer is no. If you're asking if he wanted to run all sorts of invasive and expensive tests, the answer is again no (except for the ones that I have always turned down). But the birth was different. My water broke in a different way, and by the time the section got underway, my cord had prolapsed. My uterus had "ruptured"--at least it had windowed. It wasn't anything traumatic, or anything that caused any hemorrhaging or anything. I also had a huge hernia in my abdomen about where the rupture was.

I don't know if I've answered any of your questions, but I'd be happy to. Just let me know.

#5 ·
Was your last baby breech or not engaged? Do they have an idea as to why the cord prolapsed? Thanks for sharing about your window of your uterus. Were you aware in the OR was going on? Did you have any prior pain to your water breaking?

I really think its important to share these experiences.

#7 ·
Hi Ladies... I am brand new here as you can tell. I had a c/b with my dd on 11/15/99 after 33+ hours of labor and 2 hours of pushing. The dr told me that my pelvic bone structure was just too small for my 8.5 lb baby. I am now pg again and due 07/11/04. Because my dr told me that a vaginal birth would not be possible unless I have a 5-6 lb baby, I am looking at a repeat c /b. To tell you the truth I would rather have a repeat c/b because I am scared of rupture if I tried to go VBAC. But I have to admit, I am SCARED TO DEATH to have to undergo another c section!! The last time I didnt have a chance to think about what was going on because I was tired and exhausted and just ready to have my baby out of me!! This time around however, I am having PLENTY of time to read up on c/b and of course I am one of those people who worry about the bad things, and just have this horrible feeling, that I am going to bleed/hemmorage or worse... I have read somewhere that repeat c/b are riskier because the dr's have to deal with scar tissue that is likely to bleed more.. is this true?? Also last time, I was given an epidural, but everything is just so foggy to me. I had my dd @ 12:47 pm, but I didnt get to see her until almost 6:00 pm, and I dont remember anything between those times, and I don't want to be like that again. I am assuming it was becasue I was so worn out between being in active labor and pushing for so long, and then the surgery just caused me to wipe out for that long? I am just really scared and since I am reading all of your c/b stories, I was hoping for some positive reinforcement!!! Thank you all so much

Angela
MadyCakes

#8 ·
I am getting more nervous for my upcoming c-section...
I have never had a scheduled c-sec. Is the recovery time any easier, do you feel better?
I hope things go better LOL...
With luke i was on labour for 8 hrs then a c-sec and wth Irelend i was in labour for 24hrs then a rupture then a c-sec...

My next app is on thu (next) and i am going to be talking to the dr about the c-sec and stuff, as i get closer im getting anxious LOL

#9 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Dawnalex
I am getting more nervous for my upcoming c-section...
I have never had a scheduled c-sec. Is the recovery time any easier, do you feel better?
I hope things go better LOL...
With luke i was on labour for 8 hrs then a c-sec and wth Irelend i was in labour for 24hrs then a rupture then a c-sec...

My next app is on thu (next) and i am going to be talking to the dr about the c-sec and stuff, as i get closer im getting anxious LOL
Please go check out out last thread. My csection birth plan is located in that thread on the fifth page I believe. Check it out!

Yes, for me, the recovery was easier. I took measures to ensure that as well. This is spelled out in my birth plan.

I think the key is to have a good frame of mind, move asap, have great support, and eat!

Kim

#10 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by MadyCakes
Hi Ladies... I am brand new here as you can tell. I had a c/b with my dd on 11/15/99 after 33+ hours of labor and 2 hours of pushing. The dr told me that my pelvic bone structure was just too small for my 8.5 lb baby. I am now pg again and due 07/11/04. Because my dr told me that a vaginal birth would not be possible unless I have a 5-6 lb baby, I am looking at a repeat c /b. To tell you the truth I would rather have a repeat c/b because I am scared of rupture if I tried to go VBAC. But I have to admit, I am SCARED TO DEATH to have to undergo another c section!! The last time I didnt have a chance to think about what was going on because I was tired and exhausted and just ready to have my baby out of me!! This time around however, I am having PLENTY of time to read up on c/b and of course I am one of those people who worry about the bad things, and just have this horrible feeling, that I am going to bleed/hemmorage or worse... I have read somewhere that repeat c/b are riskier because the dr's have to deal with scar tissue that is likely to bleed more.. is this true?? Also last time, I was given an epidural, but everything is just so foggy to me. I had my dd @ 12:47 pm, but I didnt get to see her until almost 6:00 pm, and I dont remember anything between those times, and I don't want to be like that again. I am assuming it was becasue I was so worn out between being in active labor and pushing for so long, and then the surgery just caused me to wipe out for that long? I am just really scared and since I am reading all of your c/b stories, I was hoping for some positive reinforcement!!! Thank you all so much

Angela
MadyCakes
I can honestly say that my second csection carried less risk than the first emergency one I had. My scar was repaired and adhesions removed as well.

My second csection was great. I had a wonderful recovery and had very little to no pain. I had my baby with me in recovery the entire time. He even got to ride in the bed with me to my room. My first csection took an hour and fifteen minutes. My second csection was 30 minutes from start to finish. I went in at 12:45 to the OR. I looked at the clock as they were wheeling me into recovery at 1:15. I had my scar and adhesions fixed. I also was sewn with sutures instead of being stapled. I strongly recommend this.

Welcome to our little group!

#11 ·
YES!! A planned c/b is soo much easier than an unexpected one! With Tracy I labored for 16 hours on pitocin before I had my c/b. With Bryce I planned it. We didn't decide on the c/b until week 39 and I was 1 day shy of being 40 weeks when we had it.

My recovery with Tracy took a minimum of 6 months. This time around its been 4 weeks and I barely ahve any soreness!

We aren't planning anymore childrne but if we were to have a 3rd it would definetely be by c/b.

You are more in control os what happens and when it happens. You can choose your ob. You can prepare yourself physically and mentally. It is just a much better experience!

As for OTF question.... I had no problems in the hospital with my wishes. The only thing I would change is that they take the baby from the or and to the nursery to weigh and measure. I would have preferred he stay with us but it did make the sewing up much more relaxing...not sure why but it did. We didn't really room in. Mostly because he was in special care and partly because the hospital was awesome! When I had T they just let the babes cry. When we had Bryce the nurses held them, did infant massage, and little stretches. They were awesome!

#12 ·
Thank you for your responses!!! I think the worst part is just the initial waiting.. I think once the day finally comes, I will be mentally prepared and so anxious to meet my dd or ds that I wont even be thinking about this!! You all are a great team of ladies, and I am so glad to have found this board!! I think that the support system you all have here is awesome!!!

Thanks again )
Angela
MadyCakes

#13 ·
I have never had an emergency c-birth, but I do think that planned is better in a lot of ways- mainly in that you will have your own OB there.

My recovery was the very best this time, but I can't honestly say that I was calm going into this birth -I think that was *right* though, even my dh felt it- we were both very scared- in ways we weren't the first 2 times, and when we found out afterwards about the fact that I had begun to rupture, and the difficulty they had getting my ds out of me- things were not "good" and my body knew it, I think. I had originally thought I would go into labor before having this baby, and I DID feel much better after scheduling the birth,and knowing my OB would be there. I believe that scheduling the birth was right for me and my situation, but I can see how others would chose to labor first, and even to VBAC

As for the OP on this thread- the hospital was pretty good about all of my wishes, but I think that was mainly due to having discussed it all with my OB ahead of time, and complete rooming in of the baby (they had no chance to do anything I didn't want to him
), they even let me have someone stay overnight with me to help me care for the babe, which I did need, I was very sleepy that first night.

I think the recovery was best this time b/c I moved early, ate early (even prior to gas
), and switched to *my* preferred pain med as quickly as I could (morphine does nothing for me).

I wish I could have a sig line just for use in this thread
, it would be:
"Talk to your OB about double layer sutures, and report any internal incisional pain to your OB- oh- and listen to your instincts
"

#14 ·
This may not be the best place for this, because it's not directly c/b related, but you mamas are the most understanding and non-judgemental on all of mdc, so I'm bringin' it here... mostly I just want to whine, because I think a lot of this is hormonal...

Dh and I moved here ~ a yr ago, so obviously, I had to find a new person for my pg this time. I like my primary ob (A), but whoever's on call will be at my birth. There are 4 drs in the practice. A is fabulous. B is pretty good, a little more reserved. C is okay, even more reserved, seems doubtful about my VBAC and about "allowing" me to go past 40 wks (which I'm sure I will). D, in my opinion, has a really crappy bedside manner, and said very unprofessional things about VBAC in general (but she's pg, due in April, and leaving the practice, too).

Here's where my discomfort comes... (1) I had an appt last week with C. She was very rushed, but it seems like the further along I get, the less supportive she is of VBAC, which is kind of scaring me. (2) I just found out they'll be bringing on a new OB in April (I'm due 5/7), and I'm a little freaked out about how I'll feel if *that* is the dr. and I don't like her (because April is awfully late to try to switch to a new practice to avoid that). (3) I'm part of a local moms' hiking group, and there was just an online discussion of my ob practice, a lot of it not so flattering... (I missed out on this kind of thing when I chose the practice; I was new to town, didn't know anyone, asked my pediatrician--whom I trust--for a suggestion). The office staff isn't always the best--know that from experience. D is yucky--know that, and she's leaving. A few people had unflattering insights into C which unfortunately seem to resonate with (1) above. And the thing that freaked me out the most was a description of a delivery at which A was very rushed and caused an inverted uterus (big emergency) and then dumped it off on another doc... Aaaaaaaahhhhh!

I feel all kinds of doubts now. I definitely don't want a homebirth. There are no longer any CNMs in my town, and the hospital itself is much better than the surrounding hospitals, so I don't want to travel outside my town for care. This practice has better stats than the other 2 ob practices in town. My only other choice is a family practice that has 2 women drs., and they both do prenatal care/births (but I'm not sure if they do VBACs). I'm concerned, though, that if I do wind up needing a cesarean for legitimate reasons that an ob/gyn would do a better job at it than a family practice dr. (And to be perfectly honest, I see my odds of VBAC at about 50/50--I think I may just run out of time.) Part of the reason I'm considering looking elsewhere is that the "care relationship" with the CNM I saw when I was pg with ds fell apart by the end (and I was actually almost relieved to have the emergency so she wasn't at ds' birth). I just don't want to make that mistake again.

I think probably the best thing I can do is to call our doula and ask her to listen to me, and ask for her frank opinion of the practices in town. She's done a ton of births, pretty sure with all the drs. in town, so I think she might have more complete insight than a bunch of women each with an individual experience.

Anyone out there switched this late? Anyone gone with a family practice dr.? Anyone want to send me some calming vibes?

#15 ·
I am going to send you some calming vibes.

Sometimes people just say shit. I dont think you should let their rumors and gossip deter you if you feel comfortable with the majority of the practice and since the one you really dont click with is leaving than I wouldnt worry about it.

The practice I was in also got a new OB in during my pregnancy. I had to see her twice. Things did not click well at all. She was extra conservative. She was the first OB I went over my post op report with and when I asked her what "Patient faired well in the OR" She said that was a nice way to say I didnt die.

Anyway, I didnt click with her and she thought some of my ideas for the csection were a little wacked out. Guess what? She ended up attending my csection. And she was AWESOME! And I think she learned a lot from me by being part of my care for her future patients. (she was really green)

Go with your gut though. My dear friend switched at 34 weeks and didnt regret it for a moment. She just never clicked with the OB. He never explained anything to her, ran through her appointments, and talked down to her. (she has a phd and he treated her like she was a dumb ass) He also was big on inductions. And that didnt sit well with her.

Kim

#16 ·
Thank you, Kim. I'm going to make a couple of phone calls now.

Yeah, what I left out was that I wasn't sure if it was just a bunch of women trash talking. Also, I'm definitely crunchier than a lot of these moms (a lot of them are very, very mainstream)--nothing per se wrong with that, just that we may not be looking for the same thing. Also, don't know how much it applies to my situation... as I've said before, VBAC seems to be a "no man's (or woman's) land"...

Quote:
she has a phd and he treated her like she was a dumb ass
ha ha! That unfortunately resonates with me. I'm teaching general microbiology to future nurses while I finish up my doctoral dissertation. I'm tired of being treated like a brainless SAHM (not that SAHMs are brainless or should be treated badly!)... the nicest dr. doesn't do this, but a couple of the others are kinda there...

#17 ·
I switched OBs part way through my last preg. and was so glad that I did
That said, a new OB joined the new practice, and I really did not like her (trying to be nice here), which was a big factor in me scheduling my c-birth.

I wish I had advice for you, I say go ahead and call the doula and ask her opinion on the options you have, and I'll say a little calming prayer for you

#18 ·
KKmama-I switched late & everything was fine. I'm confident it was the right move for me. Good for you for not settling.

"I think once the day finally comes, I will be mentally prepared and so anxious to meet my dd or ds that I wont even be thinking about this!!"-MadyCakes

I bet you'll find you're right. Angela, I also felt the things you felt about a repeat C. And my emergency C was not all that traumatic for me. But the planned birth was such a different experience-and I had a much better recovery. With the first birth I was fatigued from laboring all night and the disappointment, with the second we were able to be much more celebratory about it. We were able to create a welcoming atmosphere for our little Alena that was even more intense than what we did for her sister. I had my first daughter at a hospital in NY, the second in CA. Both hospitals were absolutely amazing in terms of meeting my wishes for rooming in, immediate bonding, nursing ,etc. I wish you all the best!

The recovery for me was much better the second time around-the first time I had staples and my incision opened-very stressful. The second time I had stitches-no problems and six months later everything appears to be fine.

#19 ·
KKmama...I switched from mw to ob at 35 weeks this time around
I was nervous about the switch but like you said, the closer I got to vbac time the less they seemed supportive. The office I SWITCHED TO WAS MUCH LIKE THE ONE YOU ARE DESCRIBING in the way of vbac confidence. I, however, changed to repeat at 39 weeks. I was able to choose who I wanted. I jsut realized that vbacing wasn't really something I truly wanted. Yes, I wanted it but I didn't have my heart set on it and I did not want an ob who did not support my vbac decision and end up in the or anyway.

I had a doula but she broke her foot and had to bail and I couldn't find another one. I am much like you in that we moved here and I got pg the 4th m onth after our move. So, I also had to start over (I wouldn't have gone with my first obs anyway).

Do NOT be afraid to switch. It was the BEST decision I have ever made! My ob was great. I learned while on the or table that she was 62
and that she had spent a summer or 2 in africa teaching "safe" c/bs in the field for those women who needed them. She saw women die over there because of the care they had gotten in the or and it was her goal to make it so not one women would have to perish! She was also the ob that was most supportive of vbac...and they only gave me a 30% chance of vbacing
:

#20 ·
I was wondering how everyone here felt about about breech presentations and csections.

My sister an OB nurse thinks its ok with babies under 8lbs and a proven pelvis. This seems to be some type of guide I guess that the medical establishment uses. Who knows? I know a few of us had deliveries due to breech babies. My first was transverse.

Kim

#21 ·
Good question OTF-

Well, as I have mentioned before, every OB or midwife I have ever seen has said I would not be likely able to deliver vaginally, but OBs were willing to let me try in a hospital setting (I believe due to the fact that they don't want the reputation of telling women that their pelvises are too small- we know the flack they get for that). Anywho- when my first child was breech at 36 weeks, I was given my options by my OB- a version, attempt breech delivery or c-section. She was very clear that it was my choice, although admittedly, she did not suggest going to a chiro for Webster, etc. She did say there were exercises I could do at home(that she would've instructed me on), but felt it was dangerous, as if the baby went into distress, I wouldn't know.

I asked her what she would do in my shoes, and she said that she would do either version or c-birth, as she felt with my knowingly small "unproven pelvis" and a baby whose head was measuring 40 weeks at only 36 weeks on U/S, that vaginal breech delivery would be dangerous, and I agreed (my dd's head was very large at birth too, and still is
- takes after her mama
). I asked her about her experiences with version and she said she had only done 3, one had been successful, one had resulted in emergency c-birth, and the last had not been able to be turned- she felt my chances were good, but frankly, it didn't sound like a good idea to me. (FTR_ she had delivered many breech babies vaginally)

I chose c-birth and decided that we would do an U/S immediately prior to check positioning. That morning (the morning of the c-birth), the U/S showed that the baby had moved (which I knew- I had felt the flip-oww!) and she was now a shoulder presentation, OB offered to try version, and I said "no", which surprised me and my mom (who unexpectedly felt the same way), when dd was delivered her cord was wrapped very tightly around her neck twice, and my OB (who had really pushed the version that morning) was very glad that we listened to my instincts
) And, yes, I am aware (for the lurkers
) that many babies are born with cords around their necks, and are fine- the fact is, some aren't, my Aunt had one such birth- and lost the babe.

There are certain breech positions I would never attempt version or v-birth with- such as footling (
Meg'sMom)

Wow- I put lots of
smilies in this post

#22 ·
Jess thanks for your insight.

Though I have read about midwives delivering breech babies, I have read that there are just as many of those being transferred to hospitals as well. My grandmother had a vaginal breech delivery and as did both my husband grandmothers (theirs were at home) so I knew it was possible, BUT all of their breech births came after first children.

My sister worked in a teaching hospital here as an L&D nurse. She said she saw vaginal breech deliveries, some were easy, some were violent, she said some failed and they had to do emergency csections for various reasons.

I think you were very wise to avoid the version. I personally feel they are dangerous. Mine was traumatic for me and for my baby. Had I been aware of all the risks I would not have done it. I only did it because I was so desperate to avoid a csection and wanted a vaginal birth. Jack though not breech, shoulder presented against the cervix. (determined by ultrasound and confirmed when I was opened up)

I wish there was clearer evidence and more discussion about breech presentation and surgical birth.

Kim

#23 ·
I'm not sure how i feel about it. I havent done much research on the subject. I do know that I would never attempt a version. I've seen them done (on a Baby Story
and such). It looks terrifying!! Way back when they had to have delivered breech babes. Bryce flipped all the way to the end. I know he was breech the day before my c/b and was head down that morning. I could feel the flipping and I gree with Patty...OUCH!

I think the webster technique has many merits and is far less invasive. It is simply pressure applied to a muscle with a finger. It isn't a whole hand. There is no tugging or pulling. The only question for mom is "Why is baby breech?" There are some obvious reasons why baby would present that way.

So, I guess the question is more of a matter of risk. Would you risk turning a baby that should not be turned?

I had webster done with Bryce but not because he was breech. It was because he was too far over. His head was missing my cervix and hitting my hip bone. After webster was done...more than once to correct the problem. Bryce would slip right into place.

#24 ·
Thank you all for your support... I'm going to talk to the doula this weekend, and I chatted with a friend who's a midwife but lives in another state (unfortunately for me, otherwise, I'd love to have her do my birth). This friend has helped a lot, too (she gave me a lot more insight into cord traction and uterine inversions).

I need to find out more about our new insurance (changes 3/1) before I talk to the family practice dr. (because the staff asked questions I couldn't answer). Also, I want to talk to the doula first. I'm also thinking that if I do stay at the ob practice, I'll try to schedule the majority of my remaining visits with the "best" dr. Then, if I go into labor, I think I'll be fine with whoever's on call (can't stop a moving train), and if I don't, I'll have a C with her, and I will have avoided the stress of seeing the others. And I'll get more consistent care.

My dh talked to his higher-ups about time off after the baby, too, and it looks like he'll take about 3 wks paid. Woo hoo! *That* makes me feel really good.

As far as breech goes... It seems like most drs. (don't know about midwives) have little or no experience with or teaching about vaginal breech births anymore, especially with 1st time moms. It's not necessarily the best reason for a C, but I don't know that I'd want a dr. doing something she/he didn't really know how to do or do very often...

I've never heard of the Webster technique. What is it?

#25 ·
Basically there is a pressure point along the front of your hip bones. By pressing this point it causes the cradle (or the muscles that hold the bottom of your uterus) to relax in such a way that the baby is able to flip and slip into place.

I think that is the easiest way to describe it.... When I had it done it allowed the baby's head to slip frommy right hip bone down into my pelvis. My chiro said that out of 6 he has done 5 have worked. The 6th was so lodged in there that the ob had problems getting baby out.

#26 ·
All of your posts are so fascinating to me!

I'm going to answer the first question posted. I had never even considered the possibility that I would have a c/b. Baby was always head down, wasn't measuring super big, and my ob never questioned my ability to delivery vaginally. However, ds had other ideas and decided to present posterior and to not engage, two things I had done NO research about (and had I, things might have turned out differently). That said, my only knowledge about the delivering hospital's practices (and the practices of all my alternatives, too, for that matter), was that there was no 24 rooming in, but baby would room in from 9am-last feeding (11pm-midnightish), and would then go to the nursery and be brought on demand for feedings or every 3 hours, whichever came 1st (they were very good about this part, actually). I could live with this arrangement (what choice did I have?). I had also been told during my hosp. orientation that in the event of a c/b, baby would be brought to me in recovery. Ha.

Well ... rooming in ended up being a non-issue as ds was severely jaundiced and under the lights in the nursey for 2 days starting 30 hours after his birth. But worse than that -- and something I'm still stewing about -- is that, despite the fact that there was nothing medically wrong with either ds or me (case in point, his Apgars were 9 and 9), he was not brought to me until I made it to my room over 4 hours after his birth, and then only for an hour or so b/c by that time, it was 1am or so (ds was born around 8pm). And I only saw him in the delivery room for about a minute (they didn't even hold him up for me to see immediately after his birth). I only saw him b/c dh had a digital camera and was taking photos and running back and forth from ds to me (modern technology is wonderful). And the nursery wouldn't let dh hold ds either until he was bathed (and dh didn't want to make a scene -- in his defense, we were both exhausted and hungry at this point -- very long labor preceeded c/b). The nursery nurses (except for one) were AWFUL -- totally anti-AP, not very supportive of bfing, etc., etc.

Knowing what I know now, I hope to NEVER deliver at this hospital again. The problem is, my current ob (who I don't love but don't hate, either) is willing to do a VBAC (feels like I'm an excellent candidate) if I leave at least 2 years from birth to birth, and obviously, she knows me best at this point. She only delivers at this one hospital, though. There is a more mom-child friendly hospital in the area that I would really prefer to go to, but the problem is finding a new mw or ob who will accept me as a VBAC (difficult around here). So I don't know what to do. I have TONS of time to figure this out, but I really don't know what to do. Stay with the devil I know or switch to the devil I don't?

Any thoughts?

Oh, and welcome new person who's name I can't remember (sorry ...).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.