Thigh Labor? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 04-08-2010, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pregnant with number 2 and curious about number 1's birth. He was posterior and all my labor pain was in my thighs. Has anyone else experienced this?

Fun loving crunchy mommy to an amazing outgoing adventurous boy named Logan Cloud 2/2/07 and our little ball of energy Jayden Edge 11/28/10 and wife to Jet 7/3/05 expecting our third 09/21/14

}
#2 of 10 Old 04-08-2010, 10:08 AM

Interesting.

DD1 was posterior and I didn't experience any thigh labor. DD2 was posterior, but rotated at the very last minute. I did experience cramping in my thighs before she was born--most likely before she turned. So, would that be prodromal thigh labor?

Stacey teaching teens to read & write... Daddy plays ska, DD1 (7/05) loves trees & princesses, & DD2 (3/10) loves mommy-milk! Please get your kids tested for lead.
#3 of 10 Old 04-08-2010, 03:43 PM

Some women simply feel labor in their thighs. Strange, huh? Others feel it all in the front, low down near the cervix, in their back, or a combination of these. I don't know that it means you'll experience it in your thighs again or not, but it is considered to be a variation of normal (if that's reassuring at all).

Here's another thread that talks about it:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=999257

Homeschooling Mom of 5 dds reading.gif

Planning my fifth natural birth using Hypnobabies for baby boy coming in June 2012! nocirc.gif

#4 of 10 Old 04-08-2010, 03:53 PM

With my first, I had horrible pains in my thighs all throughout labor, she was posterior as well and I assumed that was what was causing the pain. The pain radiated down the sides of my hips and into my thighs. My second was born via c-section so I was not able to experience labor with him. Interestingly enough, I just had a missed miscarriage and after waiting a few weeks, took cytotec. Cytotec brought on strong contractions, and once again I felt very painful contractions throughout my thighs.
#5 of 10 Old 04-08-2010, 03:54 PM

My second son was anterior and I had "thigh labor" with him. It was horrible.

FWIW, my next labor was not like that at all.

Midwifery Student and Mama to 2 daughters and 3 sons.     
ribboncesarean.gif vbac.gifhomebirth.jpg I have given birth a variety of ways and I am thankful for what each one has taught me.

#6 of 10 Old 04-08-2010, 04:00 PM

My MIL always describes her labors like that. She had four children, but I think it was only with the last two.

Amy, wife of Ben and mommy of Paul (4/9/07), (7/09) and Charlie (5/13/10)
#7 of 10 Old 04-08-2010, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter

So I am not the only one. I never knew it was even a possibility till I went into labor and my thighs hurt like hell with every contraction for the whole 12 hours. Hopefully the next one is different.

Fun loving crunchy mommy to an amazing outgoing adventurous boy named Logan Cloud 2/2/07 and our little ball of energy Jayden Edge 11/28/10 and wife to Jet 7/3/05 expecting our third 09/21/14

}
#8 of 10 Old 04-09-2010, 11:59 AM

I had the same thigh labor. I have talked to a couple of people about that and it turns out that their is a homeopathic remedy that is effective for "misdirected labor". I forget what it is called - try googling it!
#9 of 10 Old 04-09-2010, 10:57 PM

I definitely had thigh labor. No positioning problems either.

But I also always feel my menstrual cramps in my thighs as well.
#10 of 10 Old 04-11-2010, 04:21 PM

Had thigh labor during early labor with my first. It was actually not so bad, walking through the contractions really made them manageable. Once I got into heavy active labor, the pain migrated to my stomach, and THAT was hard! (Not sure if there were any postioning problems, it was a hospy birth so I wasn't really clued in)

Loads of blessings, and learning on the job.
run.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page