Looking ofr advice for a friend who is 1 week PP - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-09-2004, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My friend delivered about a week ago, and had a 3rd degree tear. She is in aweful pain. Is there anything I can suggest to her that might help?

I had the same thing a year ago, and truthfully, don't remember what I did that helped. Eventually it went away, though I would like to give her more encouraging advice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2004, 06:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i used witch hazel on coton pads and also did lots of sitz baths for my 2nd degree tear... poor mama, i hope she is feeling better soon!

mdcblog5.gif   Liz mama to DS 10, DSS 9, DD 6, DS 3, DD 2 , Aquila- dec 19th 2009 died at my homebirth, and....welcome Willow born 9-16-10 (9 weeks early)  nut.gif
Old 03-09-2004, 09:23 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Most witch hazel has alcohol in it, which she DEFINITELY doesn't want A. on her yoni and B. on an injury. Alcohol tears down newly built tissue and leads to more scar tissue. Comfrey is an incredible healer. She might try a sitz bath with comfrey, calendula and ginger. She can get the herb witch hazel and add that too. SHe can boil the herbs in a pot and strain the water into a bath. It works really well and feels great, too. Also, she can take (as long as she isn't drinking coffee,) homeopathic arnica. I would recommend the surgical dose which is 200C. If she has a peri bottle she can get comfrey extract and keep both by the bathroom sink and add a few drops to the bottle and warm water to spray on her yoni each time she urinates. HTH!
Lauren

User Tag List