Please help!! Rhogam shot still have questions - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-24-2010, 03:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
WOW!! Thanks for the lesson! I am O Neg and don't take any shots or meds, just leary. I am faced with the 28 week shot and just found this great info! Thanks!!

Owlgirl w/ life partner of 7 years & Nadia Avani 12/18/10.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2010, 10:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've had Rhogam shots every pregnancy and after every birth. My third was born about 3 weeks ago and somehow our blood did mix either in pregnancy or labor. And I had an easy normal pregnancy and an easy normal birth. She was jaundiced quicker than is usually seen in newborns. everything was fine...but what if I had not had my Rhogam shot in pregnancy? What ifs I don't wanna think about. I'm o- and my husband and all three kids are A+. With my first two pregnancies I never tested positive in my titers prenatally. And I didn't this time either. But I had positive coombs after this birth. I see no way to prove one way or the other whether that positive coombs was because of my 28 week rhogam. But having had two previous pregnancies without issue makes me think possibly not. I was okay with all the extra blood tests because imo the risk is there. As rare as an unnoticed bleed is, it happened to me somewhere somehow. And I had no pregnancy complications or placental complications with all three of my births. This last time the placenta was 45 minutes in coming but came intact. I passed a very large clot with my second hours after birth but was fine after that. I don't vaccinate my children either because my first is on the spectrum...but imo rhogam is a whole different thing. I've had 6 shots of rhogam, 3 pregnancies and only one to worry us for a minute. Like I've said...I rather do something to prevent the rare thing that my children are at risk for than to face the rare thing actually occuring.

My advice: take your Rhogam shots! You never know.

homeschooling, breastfeeding, cosleeping mama to ds1(7), ds2(3) and dd(3 months)

User Tag List