another charting question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-18-2010, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are trying to avoid...

I've been charting on and off for about four years. The last couple days I've gone through routine ovulation process of cervical fluid and would assume I'd ovulate if I was only checking cervical fluid.
But I also have low temps (so haven't ovulated yet, no problem)
AND a super high super super hard cervix.
What's going on?!?

Sarah, Farmer, photographer, teacher, mother to Noah 05-05-06 and Del 03-27-08 and best friend to Josh 05-29-04.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 06-18-2010, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovermont View Post
We are trying to avoid...

I've been charting on and off for about four years. The last couple days I've gone through routine ovulation process of cervical fluid and would assume I'd ovulate if I was only checking cervical fluid.
But I also have low temps (so haven't ovulated yet, no problem)
AND a super high super super hard cervix.
What's going on?!?
Either gearing up to ovulate still or maybe you tried to ovulate and didn't for some reason? Do you have a chart with temps to look at?

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#3 of 4 Old 06-18-2010, 01:08 PM

Yeah sometimes your estrogen levels "rev up" but not to the point where they stimulate ovulation (they must cross a threshold in order to stimulate lutinizing hormone and cause ovulation). I personally have long cycles (2-4 months sometimes) and I notice EWCM "patches" that are often not followed by ovulation. You still need to avoid during these patches, since you are potentially fertile, but if you don't ovulate you will at some point. I found that they would usually come around every 2 weeks. There's a pretty good explanation of this process in the Toni Weschler book (TCOYF).

Mom to James (ribboncesarean.gif 5/2006), Claire (vbac.gif 6/2008), furry kitties Calvin and Bob, and wife to Dennis. 

#4 of 4 Old 06-18-2010, 10:23 PM - Thread Starter

I chart on paper -so no chart to link to
I just asked a friend about it today and she was guessing pre-ovulation... I just don't remember it every being so high and hard, but like I said I'm not always consistent about checking. So freaking myself out for no reason

Sarah, Farmer, photographer, teacher, mother to Noah 05-05-06 and Del 03-27-08 and best friend to Josh 05-29-04.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page