12 weeks pp perineum not healed - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-28-2010, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am bleeding after intercourse for about 12 - 24 hours, not super heavy but not spotting. It's bright red blood. I asked my midwives at my appt. today and she checked and said bleeding is coming from the tear on my perineum and is not yet healed but it should be. Is this normal? Anything to worry about? MW said no intercourse for two weeks and then try again and see if I am still bleeding. I have given birth twice. First birth was a c-sec, this a vbac, so not sure what to expect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2010, 09:48 PM

nak...

what degree was the tear? did you have stitches? how is your nutrition? if it was a severe tear or your nutrition is not good, you could take a lot longer to heal... hope you feel better soon!
Old 06-29-2010, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollydlr View Post
nak...

what degree was the tear? did you have stitches? how is your nutrition? if it was a severe tear or your nutrition is not good, you could take a lot longer to heal... hope you feel better soon!
Thanks for your response.

At the birth, I was told it was only first degree...perhaps they were wrong? My midwife was taking a long time to stitch me and could not get the bleeding to stop. She called in the attending OB to do the stitches.

I think my nutrition is great. I eat many healthy foods all day, tons of water, and close to no junk food. I take my vitamins. Are there supplements (currently on Baby & Me prenatals and 1000mg calcium) I should add?
Old 06-29-2010, 09:08 PM

My MW had me take Arnica Montana for healing. It really did speed things up. You may want to ask her if she thinks it may help you. Hope you feel better and heal soon!

User Tag List