Fairview Ridges Hospital in Burnsville, MN - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-17-2010, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Often times, people on this website are very anti-OB and anti-hospital birth. I just had my second natural birth at Fairview Ridges hospital and wanted to let you all know that not all hospitals the same.

I told them i wanted a natural birth and they never pushed interventions or drugs on me, they were very supportive in my goal.

Right when my DD was born, they put her on my chest and helped me get her to breast. They left me and my DD alone while she nursed for 40 minutes.

She roomed in with me and before the next nurse came on, they made sure I was comfortable with breastfeeding. They also offer NO pacifyers or formula if you tell them you are breastfeeding.

The lactation consultant came to see me each day that I was in the hospital and all the nurses were very knowledgable about breastfeeding. After I was discharged, the lactation dept at the hospital called me once per week for 3 weeks to make sure that breastfeeding was going well and to see if they could help.

The hospital, nurses and Dr.s are wonderful there and I just wanted to share my experience quickly before my new LO wakes up and needs to eat. The final straw that made me want to post this was I was looking over my Baby Care booklet that I got from the hospital and there is a section called "keeping your baby safe" and number 1 was Breastfeed Your Baby.

Anyway, this is shorter than I woudl like as I have nothing but great things to say about my experience at this hospital!
#2 of 3 Old 04-07-2013, 09:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do you know of any VBAC friendly docs or midwives at this hospital?
#3 of 3 Old 06-02-2013, 09:36 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I believe Ridges is set up for VBACs since they have a NICU right there.

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page