nerve damage? (spinal question) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-16-2004, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had a spinal befor my C-section and I felt a terrible twindge pain snap yucky feeling down my left leg bamm then gone. I told the spinal guy and he said oh that's normal.

But today and days b4 I have had numbness in that leg and weird sharp pains in my back.. I am going to make an appt with a new Dr this week I hope But I was wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2004, 05:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by Monkey
I had a spinal befor my C-section and I felt a terrible twindge pain snap yucky feeling down my left leg bamm then gone. I told the spinal guy and he said oh that's normal.

But today and days b4 I have had numbness in that leg and weird sharp pains in my back.. I am going to make an appt with a new Dr this week I hope But I was wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar?

Thanks!
BTDT and have the t-shirt. I still have numbness in my back in the spot where my spinal was placed. No problems with the epidural site though.
Old 03-16-2004, 05:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by Monkey
I had a similar sensation, like my leg got a big electric shock, when I had a spinal tap several years ago. The doc had told me to expect it....that is the needle hitting the nerve, and then it "floats away".

As far as I know it's normal, and has no connection to the numbness you are feeling.

Every baptized Christian is, or should be, someone with an actual (disturbing) experience, ... a close encounter, with God; someone who, as a result, becomes a disturbing presence to others. - Fr. Anthony J. Gittins, A Presence That Disturbs
Old 03-17-2004, 12:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thanks! It is creepy huh.. hitting the nerve ugh makes me shutter...
well thank u both for the replies!

User Tag List