need info on VBA2C - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-30-2010, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are ttc#4 and I would really, really want to have drug-free vbac/hbac . I have had 2 normal pregnancies.

With DD(now4.5yr) my water broke on its own at 39 weeks and laboured for 13hrs, had an epidural, dr. says she is face up and they couldn't get her out( tried pushing and forceps) so they thought a c-section would be best. I now know that that wasn't nessesary and I could of waited tried to get her repostioned by moving around as I was only in labour for 13hrs.

With my twin DS's(now3.5yr) , I had a normal pregnancy as well. Dr. recommended a c-section for 2 reasons-1- my 2 pregnancies were only 12 months apart.2- they "thought" twin B was going to be a full pound bigger than twin A( really he was only 2-3 ounces heavier). So at 37weeks at my check-up the dr. found my membrane was bulging and I was 5-6cm dialated. He sent me home to grab my bag and then off to the hospital for a c-section.

Both deliveries went great , no complications for me or the babies. Incision healed well and quicklyand have no problems with it since. And both times we went home 2 days later and I needed minimal pain-relief( advil and tylenol).

So by the time I have #4( 3rd pregnancy) it will be close to 4.5 years since the last c-section.

Do you think its possible i'll be able to have my vbac/hbac? Or am I just crazy for hoping for this. I have read some about vbac/hbac and I think its possible. I want to be prepared and informed this time as I wasn't before and thought the dr's knew best. Any info anyone can share to help me. Any good books on the topic would be good as well. Thanks

Rebecca, Veggie mama of 3 little maniacs Hannah~22/12/2005 Callum~28/12/2006 Benjamin~28/12/2006 ~~~Our newest addition will be joining us mid-late April 2011!!!!
#2 of 2 Old 08-02-2010, 05:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://www.acog.org/from_home/public...07-21-10-1.cfm

Here is ACOG's statement saying that if a mom has had 2 CS then she is still a candidate for VBAC. I can email you actual guidelines if you want, let me know.

Some good reads.....
The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth--Henci Goer
Ina May Gaskin's Guide to Childbirth--Ina May Gaskin
Gentle Birth Choices ---Barbara Harper

Movies....
The Business of Being Born
Orgasmic Birth

My opinion is, your opinion is right, you could have turned her with more time, and maybe the same amount of time, but with someone more skilled at recognizing EARLY on in labor the malpresentation. Like a really great MW or Doula. That was our problem last time, and we were going through MWs, so I'd be sure to interview a lot of careproviders and ask them what their knowledge is on baby presentation, and how they detect it, and how soon, and how they turn baby, and how often that works. I interviewed 9 before choosing.

CONTACT ICAN!!! Even if there is not a chapter in your area, call the next closest area and talk with their leader. There are amazing resources and amazing women there and amazing help to help you on your journey.

I think it's totally possible, I'm watching this video now by the way....
http://vimeo.com/5648654

PM me if you need anything!

Oh, and YES it is possible to VBAC/HBAC, and I think it's wonderful, and NO YOU ARE NOT CRAZY!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page