Mothering Forum banner

At what gestation did you birth your children?

3K views 66 replies 67 participants last post by  Coconut Chronicles 
#1 ·
How far along were you when you birthed your babies? Just being nosy.

I was:

42 weeks for DS1 with a spontaneous delivery
40+1 weeks for DD with a spontaneous delivery
41 weeks for DS2 with a spontaneous delivery

#3 ·
I went into labor with our first on his due date (boy was I shocked!), he was born the next evening. With our second I went into labor 3 days early.

I assumed I would "go late" since I was born so very late (how many years have I had to hear about THAT?!?!) but nope. LOL.

#5 ·
37w, 37+1, and 38+4, all spontaneous labors. Sort of hoping for another 37w baby this time...we'd get the tax break, and it would be an even-numbered birthyear like all my other kids, haha!
Posted via Mobile Device

#13 ·
Both of mine were born on the date given to us by the ultrasound. I don't remember the exact due dates because the doctors just used the ultrasound due dates since both were later than the actual date given by the LMP.

#15 ·
With my first daughter I was 40 weeks + 1 day. My OB had unnecessarily suggested (and put into action) an induction 4 days prior to that. The induction technically failed, but the stress likely helped along my real labor. Of course, after days of fruitless induced labor and the after-pains from that, my "real" 33-hour labor was a very rough experience.

My second daughter was born at 40 weeks + 5 days. I had allowed my midwife to sweep my membranes a couple days prior. I'm not sure if that played any part in my timing, though. In fact, I think it may have just been responsible for the miserable 24 hours of prodromal labor that I experienced before my super fast "real" labor kicked in. Thankfully, we were intervention free aside from my consent to the membrane sweeping (which was likely based in fear of having to transfer to a hospital for another real induction if my daughter didn't come out soon enough.) The end results were 100% different from my induced hospital birth.

Next time I'm going to ignore all suggestions about speeding things along. My body knows what it's doing, and apparently it just likes to cook babies to perfection.

#17 ·
#1 was 40w, 1d (spontaneous labor starting the afternoon of his due date)
#2 was 39w, 4d (after starting to dilate at 35-36 weeks, and walking around at 4cm for two weeks, lots of stop start labor)

#25 ·
1 - 35+5 spontaneous - I think he came early due to his health problems and yes he did need assistance breathing for the first week or two, can't quite remember since it was all a blur.

2 - 38+0 spontaneous - midwife said he looked full term, no vernix

3 - We'll see...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.