C Section Mommies - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-24-2010, 12:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had my son almost four months ago via c section and since then I have noticed that I have a strange sensation in my legs. When I bend my neck I get a warmth almost in the heels of my feet. I went for a physical and all was fine as well as the MRI I had of my spine. I was wondering if any other moms who have had C sections have experienced anything similar to this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 08-24-2010, 02:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hugs to you, Mama.

I had a c-section in October 2008. I had some residual nerve damage in my right foot. It basically felt like my foot was asleep and very gradually it "woke up." It took at least 4 months to get to the point where I didn't notice it. I still sometimes get a sensation of heat or cold on the top of my foot, which I am assuming is related to the same nerve damage.

At the hospital I was told that some nerves were "bruised", probably because I pushed for 3 hours with an epidural. I probably had a pinched nerve in the positions in which I was pushing, but because of the epidural I couldn't feel it and adjust. I also have a lot of scar tissue and bone spurs in that foot because of dance injuries through the years. So it wasn't perfect to begin with.

At this point, the problem is more of an annoyance than anything. It doesn't affect me in daily life, but I do notice it in a dance/yoga context--my right foot is weaker than my left and I find it challenging to balance on that foot. I have considered getting acupuncture to see if that would help, but I haven't tried yet.

If your symptoms are bothering you or keeping you from doing things that you want to do, I would definitely seek more help. Physical therapy or acupuncture might be worth exploring.

Good luck!

Living in Wisconsin with my partner of 20+ years and our DDenergy.gif(Born 10/09/08 ribboncesarean.gif). Why CI Mama? Because I love contact improvisation!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page