Favorite Double Stroller? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 08-30-2010, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Our daughter will be 3 & half when our baby is born. Looking for thoughts on double strollers. Side by side, jogging, sit & stand, etc...
#2 of 9 Old 08-30-2010, 10:49 PM

Jogging - Bob Revolution Duallie Double

Tandem - Contours double

Wife to Jesse - Mommy to Corigan 4/09 & Hayden 7/10
#3 of 9 Old 08-31-2010, 05:13 PM

At three and a half a stroller which converts to a single might be a good option. Either that or a single with a buggy board or similar.

I wouldn't go for an expensive double as you're unlikely to get much use out of it.
#4 of 9 Old 09-01-2010, 09:49 PM - Thread Starter

I don't really need another single, I have 3 already! I've heard going the side by side route is difficult to get in and out of doorways!
#5 of 9 Old 09-01-2010, 11:06 PM

I got a peg perego aria twin and love it. If my daughter were a bit older I would have loved to get the joovy caboose sit and stand stroller..

Wife, Mother and Doula.
#6 of 9 Old 09-02-2010, 08:08 AM

I don't think I would consider a double stroller for children 3 1/2 years apart, personally. My 3 1/2yo definitely still rides in the stroller a decent amount, but my 22 month old is still worn 90% of the time that we are out and none of my kids have really had any desire to sit in a stroller before age 2, so personally I would plan on wearing the baby and hanging on to my single strollers.

I have a phil and teds double, which I love, but I don't thik it would work very well for a 3 1/2 yo and a newborn. It might be a good option once your baby is a little older though and can ride in the toddler seat instead of laying down.

You might look into getting a buggy board for one of your singles, or one of the Peg Peregos that have a little stand on the back for an older child to stand on. A sit and stand type might work too, but when I looked at them (when expecting #3) I fond that the seats were very small and didn't work well for my 3 1/2yo and 20mo.

In general, most doubles are made with twins or closely spaced siblings in mind, so it's hard to find something that will work well for a larger age gap, at least until baby is sitting up.
#7 of 9 Old 09-02-2010, 08:49 AM

i really loved our kolcraft contrours stroller when i had a small baby.. the seats are SO versatile and it worked great for our older DS as well.. this is a link to the new version.. it's even nicer than the one we had.. but seriously.. i dont think i'd be happy with a different tandem stroller! http://www.walmart.com/ip/Kolcraft-C...erine/13004573

i have two boys 14 months apart and both are toddlers now and i love love love my littel cheapy jeep side by side stroller... but it wouldnt work well for a 3+ yo and a newborn!

Amanda~ mommy to Brayden (06/05), Noah (08/07), Alex (11/08), Lucy (09/10) and Kara (10/12)
#8 of 9 Old 09-02-2010, 08:59 AM

I love my baby jogger city mini, but I don't know if it would work well for kids with a huge weight gap. My kids still use it a lot. They are three and nearly two. I think they do sell an attachment that makes it work with a bucket car seat.

I bought it because of the extremely narrow profile and have found it easy to get through doors, wind through crowds, etc.
#9 of 9 Old 09-02-2010, 09:26 AM

I have a Phil and Ted's with the doubles kit. I love it because DS doesn't sit in a stroller much anymore, but I'll have the option if I want it once the new baby comes.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page