Did you go into labor with no signs shortly before? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 09-10-2010, 08:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Wife to a bearded dude.
Mama to DS [05/21/08] & DD [09/16/10] 43 weeks 1 day!
#32 of 33 Old 09-10-2010, 10:09 PM

On April 14th I had an OB appt at 8am. They did a cervical check and told me, "See you next week. You're not dilated AT ALL." That day I was exhausted (someone told me you get a burst of energy before labor?) and felt no "signs" at all.

At midnight my water broke. My son was born 7 hours later. I was 38 weeks to the day...

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
#33 of 33 Old 09-10-2010, 10:27 PM

From the birth story of my first baby
Quote:
On Wednesday October 9th, I went to see my midwife. I had been seeing blood for two days. I was a finger tip dialated and told that I would KNOW if I was in labor. So obviously the discomfort that felt like my cervix was stretching like a rubber band was just a normal part of pregnancy. She did say she was almost positive I would go into labor that weekend.

At 4:30 AM on Thursday, October 10th, I woke up to the discomfort again. This time the discomfort was 8-10 minutes apart and peaking after 30 seconds. Once I got out of bed at 6:00 AM, they stopped. I didn't feel them for the rest of the day. I even went for a walk that afternoon. We had a friend over for dinner that night. I was telling her that dh and I were planning on going to my Mom's house that weekend because I was sure the baby would be late. Ofcourse, I was having those discomforts again and they were again peaking at 30 seconds.

Around 10:30-10:45 PM , I was working on pulling some stitches out of the sling I made for the baby. During one of those discomforts, I felt a pop and some wetness and I knew that my water had broken.
She was about 7 hours from my water breaking.
From the birth story of my second
Quote:
Wednesday morning, November 30, 2005 at 2am I felt like I had to pee so I got up and went to the bathroom. I felt like I had to pee again 12 min. later. I started to get suspicious when I had to pee again 11 min. later.
She was born 8 hours and 12 minutes after the first contraction.
As you can see, there was much less warning about impending labor with my second baby.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page