Special Delivery...show on discover channel - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-20-2004, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ug.. usually I can watch this show because it focuses on high risk birth (triplets, quads, ect). Well, today I got irritated. They had this woman on there. "She is being induced because she is having a large baby" So, then they go on and on about the dangers of delivering a large baby (although no c/s was preformed...amazing, huh). Well, they induce, she labors (with an epidural) and then she starts pushing. The whole time the lady is talking about shoulder distocia (sp may be off there). About how dangerous that is and the increased risk with a large baby. So she pushes and out comes this huge baby...just under 8 lbs.....I think I am gonna be sick.

edited for leftout quote (not an exact quote, mind you)

The induction of this delivery probably helped to prevent shoulder distocia, which can cause irrepairable nerve damage to the infant.
#2 of 5 Old 03-20-2004, 03:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh, I hate those HUGE babies and the oh-so-common occurence of shoulder dystocia. :LOL

Poor me... I delivered a 10 lb baby, no problem. I am so traumatized and will definitely ask for a chemical induction next time.
#3 of 5 Old 03-20-2004, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, I would definitly recommend it. Big babies are nothing but trouble....Oh, and you better require them to give you an episiotomy, so that there is enough room for him to come out...

*belch*
#4 of 5 Old 03-20-2004, 11:37 PM

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm glad I didn't see that.......
That show out and out pi$$es me off. They are ALWAYS doing that.........I watched one with a mom who was going VBAC and the entire time all the narration was about was how she might have a uterine rupture and kill her baby and at the end when she delivered just fine, they say "A crisis was averted" or some crap like that.

:Puke
#5 of 5 Old 03-21-2004, 12:10 AM

That show does suck but for some reason when ever I'm at my mom's (we don't have cable) I have to watch that and Birthday (TLC). They both piss me off so much and usually I end up b!tching at the TV the whole time.

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page