Postpartum Pressure - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-14-2010, 10:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
During recovery after my 3rd child I felt a heavy feeling in my lower pelvis as I bled for 5 months. 9 months later, I've gotten my period. For 6 times with my period I've felt a heavy pressure that's relieved when I sit down or put pressure on my vagina area. Anyone know what this is?
#2 of 4 Old 09-14-2010, 10:53 PM

I get some serious pelvic congestion during pregnancy from the blood vessels in my vulva (and vag too, I guess) just getting engorged with blood, especially after sex. I would describe the feeling, and relief from sitting on a hard surface the same way you have. But it's never happened pp in relation to bleeding. Do you think it might be the same thing?

Bleeding for 5 months pp is pretty long though! Have you spoken with your mw or other cp?

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#3 of 4 Old 09-14-2010, 11:00 PM - Thread Starter

I have spoken to 2 midwives about the bleeding and they were stumped. They said the pressure might be vulva variscosities, but that usually goes away after birth. They are not 100% sure if that's what it is. Was wondering if anyone else experienced it after childbirth during periods.
#4 of 4 Old 09-15-2010, 03:14 PM

Try posting in the birth pro forum, or asking them to take a look over here. I bet at least one mw or doula has had a client with something similar. Good luck!

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page