Anyone else have a rupture in vaginal wall? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-21-2004, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Posted this before in the VBAC thread - lots of people viewed but no one responded. Trying again here.
During the birth of my son on 1/21/04, I went from a home water birth to the hospital after 2nd stage stalled to an emergency c-sec when his heart rate started to drop. I had been fully dialated for 12 hours (in the hospital for 6) -yow. During the surgury, my vaginal wall ruptured and so inside I have a t insition, outside it's just vertical. As the doc was sewing me up he told me I could never have a vaginal birth, or even labor, again.
He was 9 lbs 11 oz and was prestenting with corner of his head.
Has anyone heard of a VBAC after vaginal rupture? I'm most worried that even thou the rerupture rate is 7%, no provider would work with me due to mall practice risk. I'd also love to talk with anyone who has experienced the surgery because it's taking me much longer to heal physicaly then the folks I know who had a c-sec w/ no complications.
#2 of 4 Old 03-21-2004, 10:05 PM

I didnt have a Vaginal rupture. My rupture was in my uterus coming off of my previous c-sec scar.
From what i know, and people i have talked to i would absolutly 100% say that theres no chance of you having a VBAC.
Thats just my exp, with the people i have meet that have had ruptures and from ALL the drs i have talked to.

If you want to talk you can PM/email me Theres also a yahoo group list for rupture survivors that i can link you to. Its FULL of information and different type of rupture survivors. SOme lost their babies, some lost their uterus, some babies lived, and other went on to have an after rupture baby (like me )
#3 of 4 Old 03-21-2004, 10:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reba, are you talking about a tear in your vagina or a tear (rupture) in your lower uterus? It sounds like you mean a tear in your uterus.

The risks are higher, but still small. All in all, it is hard to find a provider to do horizontal incision VBACs right now. I would imagine it's pretty darn near impossible to find one that will do a T-incision.

Have you tried talking to your mw or other docs in your area?
#4 of 4 Old 03-22-2004, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

My vaginal was, that was closest to my cervix, actually disinagrated. I've been using the word rupture because it's easier, but since it's so rare there is no clear way to write about it. I only fully got what happened when my midwife, who was in the OR with me, drew a cross section of what she saw . My midwive's ( the 2 from my home birth and the CNM at the hospital) said they had never heard of such a thing. The OB said it was due to the legth of the 2nd stage. A resident said that it's very rare in the US but that she does has seen in more other in the 3rd world where labors are longer.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page