In search of links :) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 10-04-2010, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Heya Women--

Due to a computer crash, all my good links (well most) were lost to virtual oblivion--been slowly rebuilding for awhile. Now, I'm in process of building a website/blog and hope to link a lot of useful information on various matters of natural pregnancy, birth, BF and family living (also a place to discuss, share or rant on those topics as well...)....so maybe you can help me speed up my rebuilding process. If you follow my link, you can see the site (*much* 'under construction') and the kinds of topics I'd love to have good links for. I'm also inviting you to suggest other topics, btw--so feel free to comment, on the pages where that is enabled.

More specifically at the moment--I'm looking for links to laws and court cases that involve informed consent in health care, from the last 10-20yrs. There was a case in PA a few years back against a midwife, where the judge's ruling ultimately touched on The State's 'legal interest' in the lives of citizens where informed consent is concerned--anyone have link to that case? Or remember the mw's name even (the one in my head is wrong, I'm pretty sure!)?There is also the current case of Baby Ruth in IL--anything else available beyond the fb page? I'll be searching myself for books/links to commentary, law-analysis, updates, history....if you know of something, please share Also any books on informed consent, history of midwifery and medical practice generally, would be welcome. I know "Pushed" has some....

And oh by the way--other than linking to my site to share stuff, do feel free to look around and read some of the essays. Again, it's still under construction and probably will be for awhile (mmm, permanently growing/building? )--but I think there is enough to be going on with. Constructive critique/praise welcome, along with your own thoughts on the topics.

Thanks for giving it a look! I hope you find it sufficiently entertaining

http://womynwisespeaks.wordpress.com/ Homepage

http://womynwisespeaks.wordpress.com/informed-choice/ Choices tab, with topic subtabs--main Choices page is where I'd especially love to see gifts of links

http://womynwisespeaks.wordpress.com/booksmedia-review/ to add your favorite books and video, with or without comment/review.

Some other pages are set up, but still empty...so you can also feel free to send me a birth or healing story, or even a rant (submit them through Choices comment box, I'll sort them later)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page