Post-partum periods? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 10-14-2010, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't know if this belongs in B&B or Health and Healing, but I think it fits better here.

With my previous babies, my cycles returned, and were regular from the first one. I don't know if it helps, but they returned as follows:

DS1: At about 11 months, pretty much right after he weaned.
DD1: At about 4 months, while she was still EBF!
DS2: At about...hmm...think it was 14 months, while I was still breastfeeding.
Aaron...not really relevant, but it came back so soon that it felt like a tag on to the lochia.

My question is about dd2. She was 15 months on Sept. 26th. On...think it was about Oct. 4th or 5th, I got some blood tinged discharge for a day or so, then actual bleeding started the next day. I put in the Diva Cup. But, I bled very little, over the course of about a day or day and a half. I had fairly heavy discharge, but not blood at all, for about another 2-3 days. It seemed a bit weird, but I just thought it was a very light period, as my hormones kicked in. I haven't had anything like that before, but every child has been different, yk?

Anyway, last night, I started bleeding agaiin. It's not really heavy yet - nothing like my usual periods - but it's heavier than the bleeding I had a week or so ago.

We've also had cold and flu bugs running through our family since the first week of September. I currently have a general run-down, tired, sore throat, achy ear, stuffed up thing going on. I was okay for a few days, but I think I was also feeling kind of icky when I had the light bleeding at the beginning of the month.

Could the serious irregularity here be related to the fact that I've been ill, or is it more likely just hormonal fluctuations? My periods have always been very regular (cycle of approx. 25.5 days), so this is really strange to me. I'm a little paranoid about possible damage to my uterus, after five c-sections, and having had a tubal last time just aggravates that, yk?

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page