looking for on-line resources to prepare for birth from hospital. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 11-13-2010, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My cousin went into the hospital last week, at 33 weeks, because "she had a leak" (that's how my mom said it).  She is trying to get to 35 weeks before going for a induced vaginal birth.  She has to stay at the hospital until then and the baby is pretty small and will go into nicu after birth which is part of the reason they are waiting till 35 weeks so he can get a little bigger.  

Anyway they never took any classes because they had planned them for right now but now they are in the hospital.  This is her first and she wants to spend time this week learning about childbirth and relaxation and visualization techniques so she can be more prepared.   

Any (on-line) suggestions? 

She asked me for advice/resources but personally I did some reading with my first and took a class, with my second and third I didn't do much to prepare.  The only things, that worked for me, that I can think of are no clocks or reminder of time, remember it will end, there is no way around the pain other he through it, and each contraction puts you that much closer to holding your baby.  But telling her that may not be very useful to her, kwim?

I know she was a little freaked out about the whole process of being pregnant and delivering a baby when she found out and now with complications I can imagine that she is feeling unprepared and very nervous.  She does however want to try for a vaginal birth and not a scheduled c-section so she not entirely freaked out I guess.

TIA Mamas!!!

#2 of 2 Old 11-13-2010, 02:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

I'd suggest books if you can get them to her (library?), easier to do a lot of reading on paper. Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way sounds up their alley, The Birth Partner and/or Birthing From Within could also help to look at.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page