X-post...slow labor.. What to do? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-15-2010, 06:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I went into labor early Sunday morning and got to 4 cm, then things slowed down and I haven't really been having strong contractions. I am still having them, but they aren't getting stronger. My midwife was here for about 6 hours then left... I was having tons of bloody show and am not any more. Does this mean labor has actually stopped, or are things just progressing slowly? My midwife has stopped by a couple times and the baby's heart rate is fine, so waiting is still ok. RRL tea seems to make the contractions a bit stronger and I have been going on long walks and such. Would EPO have a potential to help things along. Should I be trying to help things progress or just wait it out? I am a student and have missed a lot of school from thinking I was in labor and now I don't know if I should treat things like I am not in labor or what...I am posting here because my midwife is at a birth so I can't get her opinion atm. Thanks

Student and aspiring midwife mama to Angel: and Iris. Expecting a new sometime near Halloween! I am a all the way!!!!!

User Tag List