how long before my belly button and belly return to normal? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-23-2010, 09:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

this is baby number 2...i remember with number one that it took a while before i stopped looking pregnant...but i can't remember how long.  this time my belly button popped pretty early and it is still popped out.  any thoughts on when that will go back to the innie i once had (or at least flat)?  i gained about 40 pounds with this pregnancy and according to the scale have lost all but 11 of it.  i am currently 2 weeks postpartum and still taking it easy (or as easy as a toddler will allow me to take it) but hope to start walking soon. 

i know i know - i just gave birth.   i am not looking for this little belly to be gone tomorrow.  i guess i am just looking for reassurance that all will be normal someday...orngtongue.gif

#2 of 4 Old 11-23-2010, 09:17 AM

mine never went back to "normal" after my 2nd baby. be gentle with yourself and enjoy the new baby!

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#3 of 4 Old 11-23-2010, 11:12 AM

Mine never went back to "normal" after dd2. My once cute little innie did go back to an innie but it sure isn't cute or little anymore! lol.gif And if you have that lovely extra stretched out skin that just hangs there and stretch marks(that I didn't have until my gigantic ds), those never goes away either....well at least not without plastic surgery. smile.gif

#4 of 4 Old 11-24-2010, 12:41 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Two words: belly binding. Google it, do it. :) Ideally it's done right after giving birth, but I bet you'd get some benefit from it even starting now.

FWIW, I can't remember how long it took mine to go back to normal, but they did. Well, shape-wise - the stretch marks are a bit telltale. :p I'm pregnant again now, but before that I looked pretty much like my pre-child self - at two and a half years PP, granted, but I was like that from a few months after giving birth. I definitely plan to do belly-binding again, especially as they say it can take longer for things to shift back into place after subsequent pregnancies.

Oh, and PLEASE take it ridiculously easy for the next few weeks, at least until your lochia stops. Too much exercise, even if you feel fine, can result in heavier bleeding and a week of lying flat on your back feeling like death. You don't want that, trust me! :p

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page