bed rest success stories? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-26-2004, 08:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My friend is 31 weeks pregnant and had premature labor, and is now on total bed rest. I'm going to see her on Sunday and want to bering her some good stories and ideas about how to survive 2 months of enforced inactivity. (chasing a toddler around, it sounds good to me, but I know it's no fun after the first day or so).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2004, 09:39 PM

I guess i have two "sucess: stories.
I was put on bedrest with Luke for 4 months and with Irelend for 5 months. Both kids were born at 39 wks, i was in and out of the hosp with both but not for Long periods of time. Its hard, its really hard but you just have to think of the baby.

There pretty sure ill be on bedrest pretty soon with the pg soon, im hoping not but with my track record itll be soon LOL
If she needs to talk to anyone you can tell her to email me, at [email protected].
Old 03-26-2004, 10:03 PM

I was on bedrest for my last trimester, and delivered at 36 weeks. Some mornings I wakes up thinking how nice it would be to lie down, put my feet up and watch TV all day But I remember at the time I was miserable!

I spent my days resting, sleeping, reading, watching TV, writing letters, trying cross stiching, writing Christmas Cards and on the phone. Oh how I wish I had a lap top!

Tell your friend to accept any and all help from friends! If people offer to deliver meals, say thank you! If someone offers to walk the dog, accept graciously! It is so vitally important for the baby that you stay off your feet, but it is hard to do when you see so much that needs to be done. As her friend, offer to stop buy to chat and visit, and maybe put in a load of laundry every now and then!

Good luck to your friend!
Old 03-26-2004, 11:44 PM

With dd, I was admitted to the hospital at 31 weeks, 6 days, and stayed there until dd was born at 35 weeks, 3 days. She was perfectly healthy, no time in NICU and was able to go home with me 2 days later.

I wish I had a laptop, but I read about 10 books, did a cross-stitch (got it about 95% finished and to this day, it's not done). I watched A LOT of TV. I was allowed to walk to the garden sitting area once a day for about a 1/2 hour and I was allowed up to take a shower and go to the bathroom. Other than that, I was in bed.

I think it was easier for me b/c I was in the hospital- if I had been at home, I might have been tempted to get up more often than I should. Most of the time, I did pretty well mentally- knowing every day she stayed put, the better chance she had, but there were a few bad days when I was very upset.

I had friends come visit and I talked on the phone to my family who live out of state.

Michelle -mom to Katlyn 4/00 , Jake 3/02, and Seth 5/04

User Tag List