Prostin Gel?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-26-2004, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter
mse

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi;
Has anyone had Prostine Gel? Did it help you dialte? I am 41 wks pg had it 2 days ago and no dialation after about 10 hours of contractions (1 min long 1 min apart aprox). Dr wants me to have Mon and Wed. I worry if it's to hard on the baby, (so far good heart and fluids). Dr. says it will at least help prep cervix for inducement if needed next week or so. Trying to avoid this. Any ideas? Am already having irritable contractions for about 2 weeks now. Have tried Rasberry leaf, walking, cleaning, sex, prego pizza, some Accupressure. Dr. didn't reccomend any of this but the sex. It sounds like castro helps contractions not dialation is this accurate? He says he will scrape my cervix if I get to 1 cm dialated. Have you had this done? Did it help?
Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

mse
#2 of 6 Old 03-26-2004, 10:40 PM

Do you mean prostaglandin gel? or misoprostol? Both are common cervix "prep" remedies to help soften the cervix for easier dilation. Misoprostol is the generic name for cytotec, which is under a lot of scrutiny in the past year, especially in cases of VBAC.

Your physician sounds anxious... actually, it seems like you are anxious, too, probably to meet your baby! Are you practicing any meditation or breathing or relaxation? Enjoy the last few days of your pregnancy, mama...

warmly,
claudia
#3 of 6 Old 03-26-2004, 10:50 PM - Thread Starter
mse

It only said Prostin Gel on the form they gave me. I know it's not miso. They wouldn't let me go home on that, and they only give that when actually inducing. I think the Dr. is suggesting this because he knows how much I don't want to be induced, and it's a compromise of sorts?????? (at least in his mind).
I'm anxious for some sort of progress even if it's only 1 cm. And I'm anxious to not be induced.

Thanks
mse
#4 of 6 Old 03-26-2004, 11:50 PM

prostaglandins are present in men's sperm, so sex can bring things on....

Sahm mom to three lovely girls, and happily married to a great, sweet guy
#5 of 6 Old 03-27-2004, 10:04 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Have you tried Evening Primrose Oil? That can help to soften the cervix as well. At this point in the pregnancy, you can apply it internally -- 3 capsules 2-3 times a day.
#6 of 6 Old 03-27-2004, 01:14 PM

Simple answer: If you are trying to avoid it as you say, don't do it. Avoid it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page