Pros and Cos for having people at your birth? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-16-2011, 10:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had 5 people in the room when I delivered. My labor was very quick, a little under two hours from hospital arrival to delivery. I think if I had give birth in front of an audience of any size it would have not mattered...I was completely focused on the goal.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2011, 12:43 AM

Personally, I tuned out most of the people in the room during labor w/ my first child. I was in another zone, and wouldn't have been able to provide attention/conversation to anyone. Biology takes over, and it's all about the pushing. I was glad my husband was present in order to help hold me, clean up poop, and provide encouragement/support when I either had to push or hold the pushing. Mine was a hospital birth w/ an epidural, but the woman in the next room screamed through her entire labor...

Old 01-18-2011, 04:04 AM

There is a HUGE difference between who you want laboring with you and those who you would want to see the birth. Like my sister said "when it came to the birth CNN could have been between my legs and I wouldn't have cared." 

Old 01-18-2011, 07:55 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Quote:by GoBecGo

Sphincters don't open when they're judged!

Best line ever lol

Last time I had mw, her asst, dh, and my mom.  It wasn't exactly a party but it was still more people than I felt comfortable with, which is why we are planning a UC this time. My mom did surprisingly well for someone who is very mainstream, but her inner anxiety was palpable and I think it hindered me, personally. This time I just want dh, maybe my bff (to watch dd) and that's it.

Grace-based wife & mama to 2 unschoolers! One & . We live simply & mindfully. Expecting another blessing Feb 2015 Praying for another

User Tag List