C-Section Bag - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-09-2010, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm about to "time out" for my chances at a VBA2C due to hospital and insurance mandates.  I'm ok with it as I knew it was a long shot anyways.  So now I'm re-packing my "labor bag" as a "c-section bag."  Obviously, I've done this twice before, but I thought I'd ask for recommendations for what to pack. 

If you've had a planned c-section, or even an unplanned one, was there anything you brought along that was helpful to your recovery or of comfort?  Anything you wish you'd thougt of?  I'm trying to focus on the positive aspects of what is to come, like meeting my little baby girl and anticipating an easy recovery.  I'm bringing along some comfy nursing pajamas so I don't have to wear the hospital gowns for 3 days, a good book, lots of comfy and cute things for the baby (clothing, blankets, hats), my ipod to help me relax before the surgery.  Any other suggestions?  I really want to keep my spirits up!

#2 of 6 Old 12-09-2010, 05:49 PM

The only things that made me feel better were my music player, a good book, and food. You can't use the bag for it, but I always get dh to bring me a bunch of fruit - as juicy as possible - to eat during the first couple of days. I don't know what your hospital is like, but when faced with hospital food, I find some peaches, grapes, plums, or whatever to a be huge morale boost (plus, they help with both constipation and dehydration - can't beat that).

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#3 of 6 Old 12-10-2010, 12:43 PM

I'm packing my c/s bag right now and wondering the same. I'm bringing a nursing pillow, nursing tanks, toiletries, a phone with internet access so I can facebook. I'm debating bringing my floradix, liquid calcium (for afterbirth pains) and homeopathic remedy for healing. I was told you can either get them checked through the hospital or sneak them. I don't want to take the constipating iron pills they're going to give me.

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif
#4 of 6 Old 12-11-2010, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter

MoonStar - THANK YOU for mentioning Floradix!  I've been taking it at home, but I honestly don't think it would have occurred to me to bring it to the hospital!  I had a really hard time with the iron pills last time (totally forgot until you mentioned floradix).  I'm going to figure out a way to get that and Kefir into my hospital room - even if I have to sneak them!

Storm Bride - a book is something I didn't think of last time either and I really didn't feel like watching TV.  And just reading your list of fruit made me crave it! 

Great ideas - thanks!

#5 of 6 Old 12-11-2010, 03:46 PM

Oh - and this seems obvious, but I always bring my own slippers. I try to walk as much as I can, and my own slippers feel...cozy.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#6 of 6 Old 12-11-2010, 03:56 PM

With my last baby, she was jaundiced and my milk was a bit slow to come in. I had to have my hubby run home for my pump to keep the threats of formula at bay ;)  I've had four sections and this was the first time this happened but I thought I'd throw that out there.

Best wishes and congratulations!

Homeschooling mama of four fantastic kids and wife to one great guy.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page