Symptoms of PPAF returning? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-21-2010, 06:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My DS is 15 months, still nursing around the clock and I haven't had my PPAF yet.  I got it back at 12 months with his older sister even though I think we were nursing about at the same rate.  I was super nauseous last Friday and then have been sort of crampy feeling since.  Supply has also dipped.  Has anyone had any symptoms prior to their PPAF returning?  My husband had a vasectomy after our second, so I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnant. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 01-03-2011, 10:48 AM

I would say those signs are a good indication of your AF returning.  I actually came online to ask something similar. I have had awful cramps for the last three days, assuming my 1st PPAF is imminent, but didn't get it after my son's birth for about 9 months. I'm only 6 months postpartum right now.  I was wondering about the cramps, and if it is normal to have them for several days like this beforehand.  I have heard though, that your supply may lessen right before your AF starts, so you might want to have something on hand just in case!

Erika, mama to Sawyer 6/04 joy.gifand Gracie 7/10energy.gif  :, dw Amy:

treehugger.gifsaynovax.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed2.gifRainbow.gif

#3 of 5 Old 01-03-2011, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks moonmama - hope you're feeling better.  As for me, after a week of nausea, cramps, and just a "feeling" in my uterus area, the symptoms disappeared and no PPAF arrived.  I was like 90% sure I was pregnant because it was the EXACT same feeling, even though that would be statistically impossible given the vasectomy :)  So still not sure what it was.  Very strange.

#4 of 5 Old 01-10-2011, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter

Oooook...op here.  Got my PPAF on Saturday, so that's the explanation.  Bodies are so weird :)

#5 of 5 Old 01-10-2011, 06:16 PM

With my first pp AF (DS was 14 months), I totally thought I was pregnant.  I was very crampy and nauseous. I actually started dry heaving in the car one day.  A few days later AF arrived. 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page