Sleep baby SLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-03-2011, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

How's everyone else doing with sleep?? Evie is an awesome night sleeper-10-12 hours with 2-3 quick wake ups, but the naps are getting to me. It takes SO long to soothe her to sleep and then she sleeps 30 minutes!!!!!!! My poor son waits while I try to put her down and it takes so long. Yesterday she was up fr 16 hours. Yes, 16 with 4 30 minute naps . That's it. I am so frustrated. She is super happy though-has the normal evening fussies which I attribute to her being overtired. I've tried nursing to sleep, swing, moving, bouncing. It is so frustrating because up until her gas issues started she was the type of baby who would just go to sleep. On her own. Now it takes so much to get her to sleep for just 30 minutes. Does anyone have any advice?? Thoughts on the subject???

Mama to one little lion sleepytime.gifand a baby cub born at home stillheart.gif
homeschool.gif, lactivist.gif, novaxnocirc.gif,fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIF, familybed2.gif,
#2 of 4 Old 01-03-2011, 05:13 PM

If she sleeps well at night, could it be because it's dark?  Could you try black-out shades in one of your rooms so it's dark for nap time?  It sounds like she's waking up fully at the end of a sleep cycle so if she doesn't do that at night, maybe you can figure out what the difference is between the night sleep environment and day sleep environment.  Is she acting tired?  I am a big proponent of babies getting enough sleep but it she is sleeping THAT well and THAT long at night, she may not have a nap schedule that looks like a lot of other kids'. 

Jamie, DW to Jeff, birth and postpartum doula and Hypnobabies instructor.
4 years and 5 IVF cycles in the making, Elliott was born at home in water on 2/2/11.
#3 of 4 Old 01-03-2011, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much for your reply:) I accidently posted to this forum but I'm very thankful for your response! (I don't know how  to move it). You make a really good point about the light in the room, as she does sleep really well at night. I will darken the room and see how it goes. 

Congratulations to you on your pregnancy; we tried for 4 years for my son, went through every intervention except ivf, then tried once and got pregnant with my daughter stillheart.gif All the best to you with your birth!

Mama to one little lion sleepytime.gifand a baby cub born at home stillheart.gif
homeschool.gif, lactivist.gif, novaxnocirc.gif,fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIF, familybed2.gif,
#4 of 4 Old 01-04-2011, 12:10 PM

No problem.  I wondered if you meant to post somewhere else but who can blame a new mama for doing anything like that.  Our baby's not even here yet and I never know which way is up!

I'm so glad your infertility journey had a happy ending!

Jamie, DW to Jeff, birth and postpartum doula and Hypnobabies instructor.
4 years and 5 IVF cycles in the making, Elliott was born at home in water on 2/2/11.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page