I really need help with my hypnobabies - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-02-2011, 01:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

HI moms,

I am doing the hypnobabies course, just started my 2nd week and really need some advice.  Basically, when I do the finger drop, am I supposed to be looking at my finger when it drops or can I not look?

I know it sounds like a silly question, but it totally alters the way I lay and start my hypnosis and is kinda difficult to get the hang of.

Also, every time I have turned off my switch, I find myself involuntarily moving...I feel like I have ruined any possibility of this switch things working.

On a positive note I am already feeling anesthesia as if I took a swig of codeine, but I seem to have a much easier time if I do this in the car on my break during lunch at work.  Pretty powerful stuff.

Any other hypnomoms out there?

#2 of 6 Old 02-02-2011, 07:11 AM

It's been a while since I did Hypnobabies, but I remember that there was nothing about needing to look at your finger when you do it. It's more the mental image you're interested in (of flipping the light switch or whatever you're using). I generally had my eyes closed when I did the finger drop and then after it was "switched on" I would open my eyes. Have you joined the yahoo group? It really was an invaluable resource when I was going through it, and you'll see there are a bunch of other people with the same questions and knowledgeable ladies who are experts who can help you.

#3 of 6 Old 02-02-2011, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I did join waiting for approval:-)

#4 of 6 Old 02-03-2011, 08:47 AM

You don't have to look at your finger.  No matter where your eyes are looking, just make sure your close them as soon as you feel your finger touch down on whatever your hand happens to be resting on. 

Don't worry about involuntary movements.  That is perfectly normal, and if you listen to the scripts, they even mention, "Involuntary movements sometimes happen, and that is fine.  But you choose to stop all voluntary movement when your switch is turned off.  If you want to move, simply count to 3, move your switch on and get more comfortable.  Then immediately turn your switch back off."  Even things like yawning, swollowing, etc. are fine, since they are involuntary.  If you're experiencing something more pronounced than occassional twitches and such, you may have moved into the "itching and twitching stage."  That is also perfectly normal, and is explained in this FAQ link:

http://www.enjoybirth.com/faq-itchy.html

Great job creating such strong hypno-anesthesia already!  I never felt any experience of my anesthesia and just had to take it on faith that I was producing it.  But once my birth began, it was obvious that it was there and very powerful!  You're already way ahead of where I was when I was preparing for my first Hypnobabies birth, and it worked great for me.  Enjoy your practice!

#5 of 6 Old 02-08-2011, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter

Sudonk, Thank you SO much for this info! Yes, I am in itchy and twichy stage really really bad and it's driving me crazy. I literally have to turn my switch on every 10-15 seconds. It's doesn't help that I have eczema and it's winter time AND I"m pregnant LOL!!!!!!

Since mentioning the part about feeling my anesthesia, I haven't felt it much:-(

It seems like I have really great and deep hypnosis when I do it in my car and if I'm not very tired, which is almost never since I work full time and overtime.

But your words are sooo encouraging:-)

Now I am going to read that link you sent me.

Hugs!!!!

#6 of 6 Old 02-09-2011, 08:13 AM

I found using my thumb works better for me (its just more comfortable) 

Honestly the finger drop never totally put me out. its like I have a forth position on my switch just in between off and midway that allows me to move my face/ lick my lips.

Once you get further there is a 'Release' cue THAT makes me melt, though sometimes I picture my switch having tape over it to hold it down after a while.

The deepening track helped me as well.

biggrinbounce.gifDS 10/09  sleepytime.gifDS 2/17/11 stork-suprise.gif Blessing #3 sometime 2/13

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page