Is it normal to still feel uterus 4 weeks pp? - Mothering Forums
Birth and Beyond > Is it normal to still feel uterus 4 weeks pp?
closedaccount15 05:52 PM 02-02-2011

For the past like week or so, I have felt a large pressure on my right side, like I can't bend over or twist and I feel pressure when laying down like there is something there inside me preventing me from bending over, etc. I am 4 weeks pp from a repeat c-section after an attempted vbac. I had to go to OB follow up today because I had cellulitis in my c-section scar, and told OB about the feeling and she pressed the area and said "oh, that is your uterus, no big deal"

Well it seems odd - I don't remember this last time, and it's only on one side. 4 weeks pp and I am only 4 pounds above my pre-pregnancy weight, so maybe I have less cushion and can feel it more? I also feel cramps and pains in that side too - not sure if it is still from the infection (which is healing fine and I am on antibiotics for). It looks normal compared to my left side, it just feels weird.

mamarotondi's Avatar mamarotondi 02:19 PM 02-04-2011

I believe that the uterus should be in yoru symphisis pubis by about 10 days with a vaginal birth and nursing. I wonder if it is  just taking alittle longer for you becuase of cellulitis and c-section? Nursing helps with the coontraction of the uterus...but if your OB isn't concerned, I would just keep following up with her.

closedaccount15 10:42 AM 02-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarotondi View Post

I believe that the uterus should be in yoru symphisis pubis by about 10 days with a vaginal birth and nursing. I wonder if it is  just taking alittle longer for you becuase of cellulitis and c-section? Nursing helps with the coontraction of the uterus...but if your OB isn't concerned, I would just keep following up with her.

Thanks - it seems to be very close to the same area the infection was, so maybe it's hindering it. I am having a lot of cramping on that side too, I am trying to massage it. And we nurse often. It's just an odd feeling.

Up