Cramping/low back pain without the matching contractions? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-14-2011, 07:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hello listmates,

I am 38 weeks and prior deliveries for me have been at 32 and 37 weeks (I feel late! :).  I have been experiencing low back pain/cramping (like period cramps) that I would normally associate with labor, but without ctx at regular intervals.  That is, I might have some ctx in there somewhere, but the cramping is constant during that time.  I haven't experienced this before--any thoughts?  Often times it seems to be somewhat positional (I'm in bed) but since I have three very small kids already, I also know that laying in bed is the only time I have a chance to catch up and really feel what my body is doing. :)

thanks!

et

counting the minutes until VBAC #2!

#2 of 6 Old 02-14-2011, 11:53 AM

Sounds like back labor to me.  Try doing hands and knees position to help baby turn or even a knee-chest position...or check out spinningbabies for more info. 

http://spinningbabies.com/index.php

Be sure to avoid extra soft - lounge type couches - use a birth ball instead as much as you can...and you might want a good rice-pack too - they are life-savers for labor related back pains. 

Wife to Mark, Momma to Matt & Bryan : Joe & Jonathan - Labor Doula
#3 of 6 Old 02-14-2011, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you, Becca!  It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest since my other VBAC was a posterior baby (OW) and this guy seems to be angling for that, too (he's all on my right).  My m/w suggested it was gas, but honestly, I must not be describing it to her well enough, because I have never had gas that feels anything like labor. :)

best,

et

#4 of 6 Old 02-15-2011, 03:09 PM

GAS?  LOL...that is really funny, possible, I guess....but really funny.  I hope all goes well!!!

Wife to Mark, Momma to Matt & Bryan : Joe & Jonathan - Labor Doula
#5 of 6 Old 02-16-2011, 05:34 AM

I don't know what they are but I had then starting at 40 weeks till I went into labor almost 2 weeks later.  What an emotional roller coaster!!!  Thinking when they got really bad that "this is it"!  Only to wake up in the morning with nothing...

caffix.gif

#6 of 6 Old 02-16-2011, 06:58 AM - Thread Starter

Magali, yes.  YES.  It's 7am here and I've been up since 5 something because of that exact reason. I finally decided to get up b/c I couldn't handle the emotional rollercoaster of thinking TODAY is the day...just like every other day before it.  Be damned, back cramps!  Ugh.   nono.gif

et

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page