can we talk hymens? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 02-21-2011, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

ok so during my labor my MW ended up cutting me in three places along what she said was left of my hymen, that DS2 was having trouble clearing because it was as she describes like hitting against a rubber band.

I'm a bit confused I thought you wouldn't have one anymore...does everyone have them still? is cutting this going to affect sex life? (she put on stitch in each place cut)

I'm glad I agreed because after it took 1 push (after 3 hours of pushing) to crown.

biggrinbounce.gifDS 10/09  sleepytime.gifDS 2/17/11 stork-suprise.gif Blessing #3 sometime 2/13

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 02-21-2011, 02:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

After it's broken it's usually just some weird hunks of tissue all around that don't get in the way of anything. Yours maybe broke less thoroughly in a way that wouldn't allow the baby through. If it heals up fine I'd think it should be the same as having had an uncomplicated episiotomy, no side effects beyond a little scarring. If things didn't have enough stretch once it's healed you would want to see a doctor about it. Though if you give birth again, it could be an even bigger issue that the first time around with scar tissue there, probably needing to be cut again.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page