Side cramping during labor - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-01-2011, 01:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Have any of you mama's experienced severe side cramps during labor? With my last birth I had horrible and severe cramping on my left side during contractions that was more severe and distracting than the contractions themselves. It was awful and I had a veeeery long labor (62 hours intervention and drug free at home and then transfer to the hospital with "the works" of interventions). Ideas? I am spooked about this next labor..
#2 of 2 Old 03-01-2011, 05:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Oh my!  I was just coming here to finally ask the same question!!  I had a pain in my side that felt as though someone was pinching me with a giant wrench.  And it was truly worse than the contractions.  I hope somebody has an explanation.  FWIW, I've given birth 2x and I didn't feel it the first time, so hopefully you won't feel it this time around. I went 25 hours of my 26 hour labor all natural and then finally got an epidural that didn't touch my contractions, but did numb the pain in my side.  I think the pain in my side was impeding my progress because I couldn't move around.  I had to lie on my side for hours because that was the only thing that helped ease the horrible pinch.  And the hospital staff had no answers for me.

caffix.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page