Mothering Forum banner

Is This Bloody Show/ Mucus Plug????!!! (TMI through no choice of my own) ;)

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  scottishmommy 
#1 ·
I am 40 weeks 4 days pregnant. This morning I woke up around 6:30 and went to the bathroom. When I layed back down in bed I felt a really tiny "gush" (maybe half a teaspoon or slightly more) so I went back to the bathroom and noticed my new liner had some liquid on it... not "mucousy" at all, more slick if anything. I sat for a few minutes and had a good bowel movement. I then noticed two drops of bright red blood in the toilet. I sat for a bit longer and finished the bowel movement. A few minutes later I looked into the toilet and noticed there was more bright red blood in it, probably about 1/2 teaspoon but spread out in drops over some of the toilet paper. It is definitely coming from the vagina and not hemmorhoids or labia bleeding or anything.

About 10 minutes have passed since then and I haven't noticed any more blood. Should I be concerned that it was bright red? Or could this be the bloody show? I looked up a few pics online and the ones I saw seemed to be very mucousy with darker blood, not runny liquid and bright red drops. Any thoughts? What should I be expecting now? It's early so I will wait maybe an hour before calling my midwives pager as long as nothing more has happened by then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.