how soon after birth would you go far from medical care? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-11-2011, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i'm due in two weeks and two days, and i'm planning on having a hospital birth (as much as i wish i could have the post partum experience all at home).  i live in the boston area, and we just bought a little cabin in new hampshire in and area that is probably an hour from a hospital.  how soon post partum would you feel totally safe in going to the cabin?  i don't know the full risks, but i'm thinking of maternal bleeding for one.  i'm not sure what kinds of early risks there are for the newborn.  thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2011, 03:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

for medical reasons, at least a few days. for comfort reasons (you being sore and not wanting to ride in the car, plus breastfeeding needing to be at least slightly established) I wouldn't plan on a drive that wasn't absolutely necessary in the first two weeks. 

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg

User Tag List