Interested in finding a doula-in-training - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 03-22-2011, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am a first time pregnant woman who is due in early Sep 2011. I live in the San Diego area and will be giving birth at Scripps Mary Birch hospital in San Diego. I am looking for someone who can commit to 3  prior meetings and then be present during the birth process and leading up to birth. These details are definitely open for discussion.

In an effort to save money and to help a doula receive their educational hours I am interested in finding a doula who may be less experienced and willing to become our doula for a reduced fee. Because this is our first child and we still have alot of research to do I can't be certain what our birth plan is. However, I have always appreciated the education and knowledge of a doula when speaking with friends who have had the good fortune of having one with them during their birth. If anyone knows a doula who might be interested in this or knows of how I might be able to find a doula who is still pursuing her education and needs hours to fulfill her education requirements or simply to gain more experience please contact me through this forum.

Thank you very much.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page