Feeling contractions in just your cervix - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 03-25-2011, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Has this ever happened to anyone else? I felt them only in my cervix until I got the urge to push. It was really really painful! I've always felt them all over my uterus before, like I could feel the muscles working. This was a much shorter labor compared with the first 2.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#2 of 10 Old 03-26-2011, 07:51 PM

YES! Mine were like that this time (yesterday wink1.gif) They were horrible. Completely different feeling than contractions during my first labor.
I think it was because she was in a weird position (she came out with an elbow up.)

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#3 of 10 Old 03-27-2011, 06:22 PM

Mine were like this with my first baby (I think) and I thought it was wonderful! For a long time it felt just like my cervix was stretching like a rubber band.  When I got to 5 cm it did hurt a little but as long as I kept moving, it wasn't so bad (the nurse kept calmly suggesting that I "walk instead of run" as I ran laps around my hospital room).  Later in labor I found the toilet and it felt great! I told dh I was going to have the baby on the toilet and I would have had they not forced me to move.  I birthed squatting because I was unable to get "comfortable" on the bed.

The second one, I had some back labor and I much prefer the cervical contractions and in fact was hoping for that this time until I read how painful they were....

#4 of 10 Old 03-27-2011, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter

so how long would you say your labors were (not counting second stage)?

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#5 of 10 Old 03-27-2011, 08:44 PM

I'd had a few very light contractions starting two days before for an hour or two at a time as close as 10 mins. apart but they were barely noticable.  I count labor as starting when my water broke at 10pm and I think I started pushing at 5am the next morning (she was born at 5:33am).

The contractions got somewhat painful at around 1am if that helps.  So 4 hours of actual pain before pushing.

#6 of 10 Old 03-27-2011, 09:47 PM

From the time the contractions became painful, mine was about 22 hours.

#7 of 10 Old 03-28-2011, 05:41 AM

Mine are always like this.  I was told a few times i wasn't in labour with #1 due to the pain only being at the cervix, i've never felt fundal sensations at all.

My labours were 1hr24 + 5mins pushing with DD1 and

55mins + 6mins pushing with DD2.

I have prodromal labour for a number of hours before then, but i can still sleep, eat and talk during it, so it's not real labour to me.

#8 of 10 Old 03-28-2011, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

holy cow Bec! That must be intense!

So Changing blew my theory of the extreme pain being related the speed of labor...

#9 of 10 Old 03-28-2011, 02:12 PM

I wish. greensad.gif I had prodromal labor for about 4 days before contractions got painful as well.

#10 of 10 Old 03-29-2011, 06:55 AM

I had something similar this time.   The contrx were focused low (maybe cervix).  It was much more painful then my first birth when i felt it more all over.  My first was shorter actually and still very intense and fast.   I think this 2nd one was worse because of his size and perhaps slightly positioned wrong.  

Jcregan, Mom to DD 4yo. DS born 3/10/2011.winner.jpg  waterbirth.jpg   and trying cd.gif  for the first time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page