Generally speaking - do you tend to go into labor when you're feeling "ready to burst", uncomfortable, sooo ready for the baby to come? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-26-2011, 07:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)

I'm nervous about being really, really not ready for my baby to come at 37+ weeks.  Although I've felt uncomfortable on and off throughout the 3rd trimester, I recently starting sleeping better and am feeling pretty comfortable again, which is NOT helping me feel more excited to have the baby.  

I remember with DC being SO, so ready.  I was mentally ready, the "house was in order", but I was also very physically ready in that I was uncomfortable and wanted badly to not be pregnant anymore.  

So, my question is...is the fact that I'm pretty comfortable a good sign that labor is still a few weeks off?  How many of you went into labor feeling like you could go another month or so?  Or is it (as I hope) that the discomfort towards the end of pregnancy nature's way of making mama feel ready to give birth?  

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif
#2 of 3 Old 03-26-2011, 04:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I think you are asking something that can't be answered, fellow DDC member.shrug.gif  It's got to vary so much, and I wish I knew the same thing!  I feel like I should get bigger, yet my water broke with DS at 38w3d and I could have gone longer when it came to my emotional/physical state. I really wanted him to come early because of events in our life around his due date (DH's seminary graduation, lots of family coming to town) but I didn't really do anything special to have him come early (just EPO and chiro).

So, my answer is, I don't think you can know, whether you feel ready and baby doesn't come or you don't feel ready and baby comes . I am very eager for baby to come not as much for the baby to be HERE but to complete the circle of the last two years of having a c/s and preparing for a long time for a VBAC and being so ready to do and and achieve a vaginal birth. I'm ready. The house is ready. I feel like my body is ready but maybe *baby* isn't ready. (37w5d or 38w0d based on two different possible dates). It IS still a little bit early for me to expect labor at this point but it's really hard to embrace that. I check for bloody show every time I pee...

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#3 of 3 Old 03-30-2011, 08:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
With my first I felt great right up until labor. She was 8 days early. With my second I felt lousy and ready to pop for weeks before the birth. She was 10 days late. I actually think that feeling lousy is more about baby's position, mama's diet, and general attitude than any real indication of "doneness". It would be nice if it worked that way!

CD'ing, homebirthing, milk making school teacher. Supporting my family on my income and trying to get out of debt in 2013!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page