Can anyone give me info on refusing Vit K & eye drops in a PA hospital? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-28-2011, 09:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just don't what to expect.

Any help would be appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2011, 10:18 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had no issues, I think I signed a form for refusing the eye goop. Really not a big deal, don't worry about it. Just put it in your birth plan and be on guard since depending on your hospital, they may or may not be used to people refusing and are sort of automatic in thinking every baby will get it. But, if you are planning on rooming in or having DH with baby at all times, it would be pretty hard for them to accidentally administer either one.

If you want more feedback, you could post in the tribal area for PA. I think there is even an old post about it that I found and read a couple years ago when I had DS when we lived in PA. You could do a search.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
Old 03-31-2011, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

AFAIK, the only state where there is a serious barrier to refusal is New York. They'll probably make you sign a waiver, and they might try to talk you out of it, but you can refuse here. The level of resistance may be provider-dependent. I know people who have done it.

DD 01/2007, DS 09/2011

User Tag List