Prolonged postpartum bleeding - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-03-2011, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am nearly 8 weeks pp and still bleeding. I have called my Dr.'s office twice and saw them at my 6 week check up and they are not concerned. Dr. said it was not "normal" but he didn't think there was anything wrong and it would just work itself out. I do not have any of the warning sign symptoms, foul smell, soaking a pad in an hour, fever or chills. It has however gotten heavier since my 6 week pp visit and has been as heavy as a normal period for two weeks. I know it's not my period as the pp bleeding has not stopped and I am ebfing and have never had a pp af return before 6 months at least. It's getting pretty old bleeding for 8 straight weeks. Can this really be ok? Anyone else out there had this problem?

Amy, happily married to my Sweetie Pie partners.gif, Grateful for all my Blessings, in love with my rainbow1284.gifbaby.gif

#2 of 2 Old 04-03-2011, 02:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I wouldnt be worried except you said the bleeding got heavier.  That itself is a "sign" that something might be amiss.  Imo I would schedule another appt with your hcp to make sure everything is ok.  All of my PP bleedings got less over time and with each child except the one time I decide I was "good to go"redface.gif before I really was ok in that respect so DH and I backed off.  Also are you taking it easy in terms of lifting and carrying heavy things.  I know that you may feel your ok but your body still needs time to recoup from pg and labor.  That made my pp bleeding heavier, again reminding myself to take it easy and having DH carry around laundry baskets and heavy things and doing the vacuuming and such helped me out. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page