16 hrs after water broke, no labor yet **x-posted DDC** - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-07-2011, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Getting really frustrated and disheartened here.  My water broke at 3AM this morning and we have spent the entire day walking, doing acupressure, massage, nipple stim, etc.  and I have HAD IT.  I may have a few contrax here and there but they just peter out.  I am leaking amniotic fluid a lot so it is hard to do much or go anywhere.  I have lost plug and my body is cleansing, but no bloody show or regular contrax.  Poor DS is stuck at a friend's for an unknown amount of time now and it bothers me.  DH and my doula (midwife) keep pushing another walk and this and that but frankly I am tired.  I have been up since 3AM!!  I can't eat much (no appetite) and I am sure it will be another long night so I would like to just rest but I have tried and it is difficult to get beyond a short doze.

I am 38w1d, my first came at 39w.  Nothing has been inside my vagina since 36w so it was not artificially ruptured.  I  started to lose plug two days ago and knew something would happen soon, but this wait is torture!

Any advice or good stories?

Mum to DS1 7/09 and DS2 5/11

#2 of 4 Old 05-07-2011, 06:30 PM

Rest definitely, so that you have energy once labor kicks in. Even if it's short naps it will be good for you. Also why not bring your DS home until things start happening then call the friend. Otherwise big hugs as beyond what you've done I'm not sure what else to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S, mama to L(DD)-12/04, K(DS1)-12/06, C(DS2)-03/09 & B(DS3)-05/11

#3 of 4 Old 05-07-2011, 07:05 PM

Hang in there mama! I had the same scenario with #1--went around 20 hours after ROM before agreeing to pit augmentation (was in the hospital and GBS+, plus just really tired and frustrated). ITA with the advice to rest! Go take a nap, watch a movie with your dh, drink a glass of wine or take a bath...just relax. Actual sleep would be good, but relaxation is the most important thing. I wish I'd worked less hard to try to get things going and just rested more, enjoyed the last few hours. Why not bring your ds home and ask your friend to come and hang out at your place to keep an eye on him? He may just go to bed and miss all the action tonight! Your anxiety about him might be preventing you from truly relaxing and letting things go.

It'll happen! Your body is ready. Trust yourself, go rest up, and have an amazing labor!

read.gifSarah ~ wild.gifds X 12/05 ~ flower.gifdd E 3/08 h20homebirth.gif  ~  stork-suprise.gif 7/12 dizzy.gif

#4 of 4 Old 05-18-2011, 02:07 PM

Any update?  Hope all went well for you.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page