Bleeding post partum- what is normal? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-12-2011, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My 3rd C/S delivery baby is 2 weeks old as of yesterday. By far this has been the most difficult recovery, I have been unable to really rest and have been taking care of my 3 year old and yesterday had a couple instances where I was lifting him and really had a lot of internal incision/belly pain afterwards - painwise I feel like I went back about a week in healing or something. My bleeding had stopped about 5-6 days ago, but today I have started bleeding again, very bright red not dark like before. Does anyone know whether this is normal or should I call the Dr? Their office is closed right now so I will have to wait til the morning if I do call them.

Christ Lovin' SAHM to JL 11/07, MP 5/95 and Empty Nester to BT and RM 7/89
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2011, 03:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

if you had had a vaginal birth, we would know that the bleeding is from the placenta's attachment site, but post c/s there's a possibility that it's coming from the incision site. either way, you overdid it and opened some blood vessels up. if you soak through more than two pads in an hour, at the very least find an on-call nurse to talk to (either through your insurance or call the L&D department of the hospital you gave birth at). if it's less than two pads an hour, it can probably wait until morning, but I would call in case it is your incision. 

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg

User Tag List