when does pubic bone pain go away? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 04-05-2004, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My baby is 2.5 wks old and my pubic bone hurts now as much as when I was pregnant. I had some reprieve from it the week after the baby was born, but it's back with a vengeance. It seems worse when I use my abs (like when I sit up from lying down) and when I'm walking. My tailbone is a bit sore too, but no where near as badly. If it matters, the labor/birth was really quick, lasting about an hour from first contraction to birth, but I had no tearing, bruising or swelling on my yoni. I thought I got off pain free!

Will it ever go away?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 04-05-2004, 06:37 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congrats on the new babe! Don't know how your experience will turn out, but I will tell you about mine.

I had BAD pubic bone pain from 12 weeks on with my second. Seeing a chiro, getting Webster adjustment, along with a pubic bone adjustement and chranial sacral therapy(sp?) is what helped the most. It lessened the pain from chronic pain to just there, but not chronic, pain.

Babe born 4 1/2 months ago, still can't take long strides with my legs and still feel tender, but for the most part, I feel 95% better and I would probably be even better if I went to see the chiro again.

I would highly suggest seeing your chiroprator or finding one that specializes in the above. Hope you feel better soon!
#3 of 9 Old 04-06-2004, 05:54 AM

My baby just turned 6 months.
I very occasionally still get the odd pubic bone ache/twinge.
It has been a very gradual lessening
I have just taken it easy, nothing special really.
#4 of 9 Old 04-06-2004, 03:18 PM

Same experience. I didn't have back labor, I had pubic bone labor. I'm 11 weeks out and it still hurts. I'm getting refeared to PT to try and sort it out. I found warm baths and a heating pad where the cheap things that helped. I'm staying away from exercise till I feel up to it.
Take care,
Rebecca
#5 of 9 Old 04-06-2004, 10:14 PM

Oh, Mamas!! This is NOT good news for me! I didn't have tailbone pain with ds, and the pubic bone pain didn't start until I was much farther along.

I think this baby girl must really be sitting low, because the tailbone/pubic bone pain is intense. And I was counting on it GOING AWAY!!!
#6 of 9 Old 04-06-2004, 10:26 PM

I am 6.5 months out and like the others said, it's basically gone. I was aware of it/uncomfortable a good deal of the time the first 12 weeks, now it's rare, but every once in a while I tip my hips funny and it still hurts.

Mom to ds 9 dd 7 : and dd 3/08 : if I can I go to
#7 of 9 Old 04-06-2004, 10:32 PM

My baby is 2.5 weeks now, also! Starting at about 33 weeks pg, I had intense pubic and tailbone pain. She was posterior during labor (turned *after* she got into my pelvis--thanks so much!).

Like Rebecca, my pubic pain was almost crippling (check out this website: http://www.plus-size-pregnancy.org/pubicpain.htm ) both during late pregnancy and for about 10 days after.

At 6 days PP, I went to my chiro who is well-familiar with pregnant women (she is also a Bradley Method teacher, and a doula--great friend to have!) and had her adjust my symphasis area. The adjustment itself was excrutiating, and the pubic pain seemed to get slightly worse for the next two days, then it felt about the same for a couple more days....then I woke up Monday (had the adjustment on Wednesday) and realized I was not in any pain!

The chiro had warned me that the adjustment would hurt and that the results would not be immediate, so I was being patient, and I'm glad I was! I used advil during those few days though.

I really don't know if the pain would have gone away on its own. I highly recommend seeing a chiro who knows how to adjust that area. (Now, if only my tailbone would heal! But I think that this worn-out computer chair is partly to blame for that...I'm spending a lot of time NAKing these days, LOL!)

Hope this helps!!

Sarah, Queen of Hearts, raising a Full House with Michael, King of my Heart!
DS (2/02), DD (3/04), DS (1/06), DD (12/07), and DS (3/10)
~~*~~Not your typical Pastor's Wife!~~*~~
#8 of 9 Old 04-06-2004, 10:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by SheBear

At 6 days PP, I went to my chiro who is well-familiar with pregnant women (she is also a Bradley Method teacher, and a doula--great friend to have!) and had her adjust my symphasis area. The adjustment itself was excrutiating, and the pubic pain seemed to get slightly worse for the next two days, then it felt about the same for a couple more days....then I woke up Monday (had the adjustment on Wednesday) and realized I was not in any pain!

The chiro had warned me that the adjustment would hurt and that the results would not be immediate, so I was being patient, and I'm glad I was! I used advil during those few days though.

Shebear, wheat exactly do they do to adjust your pubic bone? How is it done? I'm scared...
#9 of 9 Old 04-06-2004, 10:54 PM

Aww, ! I'm sorry--I didn't mean to scare you! Just trying to be totally honest, so you'd know what you were in for!

Basically (in very simple lay-terms, LOL), she found the spot on my pubic bone (this is where a female chiro is nice to have, LOL!) where it was the most tender (you know that spot, right? ) and pushed really hard, until it popped back into place. It hurt. Very much. But, the worst was over in a few seconds. Then it was just a matter of getting through the next few days (not much different than the previous 6 weeks had been!), and it felt so much better!

Truly, it was totally worth it! Much better than just dealing with the pain indefinitely. You can survive it--just find a chiro who knows pregnant/postpartum women, and who specifically has experience adjusting that area.

Hope you feel better soon!

blessings,

Sarah

PS....could I possibly have used any more parenthetical phrases?? Yikes! :

Sarah, Queen of Hearts, raising a Full House with Michael, King of my Heart!
DS (2/02), DD (3/04), DS (1/06), DD (12/07), and DS (3/10)
~~*~~Not your typical Pastor's Wife!~~*~~

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page