lost nerve sensation in vagina 4 weeks postpartum during SEX - Mothering Forums
Birth and Beyond > lost nerve sensation in vagina 4 weeks postpartum during SEX
sparkparks's Avatar sparkparks 08:34 AM 05-29-2011

This is my 3rd baby. 6 weeks after first and 4 weeks after second I had sex and it was amazing. This time I tried it at 4 weeks also and even tho everything was lined up right (kids asleep, I was as rested as I would get, relaxed, husband was gentle, I felt good about my body, i was comfortable, long foreplay, plenty of lube etc etc etc)... EVERYTHING was perfect except I had no nerve endings in my vagina. Sex just felt smooth like I felt my husband but there was no pleasurable feeling. It did not feel bad or uncomfortable or rough. Things were shallow but my husband did not go all the way in but the point is that it did not feel pleasurable. So I'm kind of concerned. I was plenty horny and I wanted to do it, there was no pressure from him, it was MY idea... I mean nothing should have prevented this. I'm also breastfeeding. Not sure if that matters but if you touch my nipples they are pleasure domes. I think all the nerve endings left my vagina and went up :)

Anyway, I wanted to know if people experienced this and how long it was before your vagina felt pleasurable during sex again. I'm doing kegels and pelvic floor stuff but I just want to enjoy the act again. I have my post partum at 6 weeks but I'm not sure I want to confess I did it before then. I'm sure I'm not the only one

scottishmommy's Avatar scottishmommy 08:20 AM 05-30-2011
If it were me, I'd make an appointment with a urogynecologist right now. It's probably nothing, but I'd want to be sure. They may refer you to a pelvic floor PT. I really think it's best to be proactive about this stuff. Good luck!
Up