Anyone have experience/advice about Rotational Positiioning *tm* (helping your baby from ROA to Posterior on purpose)??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-01-2011, 08:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

I've got a persistently ROA baby.  She can get into LOA but it apparently isn't her favorite spot because she always flips back to ROA despite my VERY best efforts (spinningbabies exercises, chiropractic care, resting exclusively on left, acupuncture).  I understand that baby's like to move clockwise and that if your baby is ROA, she'll likely rotate to Posterior on her way around the pelvis.  I'd love to go ahead and help her to posterior before labor starts.  And hopefully help her to LOA before labor starts, too!  But she isn't sticking when I help her there via countr-clockwise route and it makes sense to me that there's a reason she won't stick and that all of my efforts on hands and knees, laying on my left etc. is causing her to have to fight gravity to make her clockwise rotation.

I'm 40 weeks and 4 days!  I have a feeling she wants to get the position right before she engages.  I've even been induced with acupuncture with no result.  I would love some guidance in getting this little baby to make the long rotation.  The actual Rotational Positioning website only tells how to do it in labor thus going through back labor and all that.

Here's the site I'm referring to: http://www.thepeacefulbirthproject.com/uploads/rotational_positioning.pdf

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2011, 10:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

if she is flipping between ROA and LOA I don't know that I would worry so much about her going posterior at this point. It's not uncommon for her to be doing this. you might find the last response in this post from Ms. Goer interesting.

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

Old 06-01-2011, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

She SOMEtimes flips from her usual ROA (maybe ROP, I don't know) to LOA but hardly ever.  Twice that I can remember in the last 8 weeks.  I'll check out the post, thank you.

User Tag List